fusion 2013

climate control

Umm Wut? I have a Job 2 '14 HyTi and I have Climate controle as an option on my right dash screen. Unlike some of the others here I use it alot.

Hi Toz,
Your build may be unique. The best way to check is per your VIN.
Kim

POI Doesn't work on my HyTi, The Flex, nor the MKT. Would be interesting if there is a cluster update floating about. The Climate one is sort of pointless, unless you are manually controlling fan and temp, thats all it does. I find it faster to just touch he dash than to scroll through the right screen, and no need to take my eyes off the road for the dash.

Hey everyone,

I apologize for taking so long to respond; I had to do some digging to find more information on this one. I've been able to confirm that the option to control climate in the right instrument cluster can't be added or removed at the dealership. Waldo brought up a good point, updating the MyFord Touch software to V3.6.2 will not change which options appear in the upper right cluster.

This is where a Ford Rep would come in handy...

I started a separate Topic for this issue to separate it from 'climate controls'.

Thanks for starting the thread, GrySql. I'll check it out and respond there shortly. :)

Kim

So then how does it get added? Some ppl have somehow gotten it while others have not.

Hello hybridbear,

I suggest checking with your dealership. They will be able to provide details about what is available for your specific vehicle. I am unable to provide this information.

Kim

So then how does it get added? Some ppl have somehow gotten it while others have not....

My comment refers to climate control only. Earlier we were told that the dealer cannot do anything about whether or not climate appears on right dash screen. Now Kim says to go see the dealer about getting an update to get climate on the right dash screen. Contradictory statements.

Hey hybridbear,

Sorry about the confusion, that does sound a little contradictory! I'll clarify what I meant.

In some vehicles, the climate option was intentionally removed from the right cluster. If this is the case, climate can't be added to that screen. I was unable to verify the specific build date that the change was made; this is why I'm recommending to check with your dealership for details about how some owners have this option and some do not. Your dealer has access to more resources and will be able to confirm if your vehicle should (or should not) have the CLIMATE option if you're uncertain.

Kim