DirectorMan

Is Medium Soft Ceramic not popular?

I would like to see what a Fusion looks like with Medium Soft Cermaic seats. I have seen pictures on this site, but I want to see one in the flesh. I searched the six closest dealerships to me in Northern California, but none of them had a Fusion, Fusion Hybrid or Fusion Energi with Medium Soft Ceramic seats. Is this just not a popular option?

It's only been available for a few months, and only on the Titanium model, so I'm not surprised it's hard to find now.

Well not that helps you too much, but I have them and really love them. They are pretty light. More of a soft cream color. But the contrast between the black Dash and MSC door inserts is really striking, everyone says that it adds an extra feel of luxury to the car. Also, so far they have not been hard to keep clean, but I have only had the car for 4 months so far.

Thanks, Waldo for pointing out the newness of MSC. And thanks, Toz for giving me your feedback. The photos I've seen from various Ford dealership websites haven't helped, as the varying lighting conditions under which the photos taken do not present a consisent image of the interior. Fortunately, I've found a dealership within reasonable driving distance that has a Ruby Red Fusion Energi Titanium with MSC interior. I just hope they still have it on the lot when I'm able to take a look at it.

Toz, would there be any way to post some pictures of your interior? Some of the pictures I have seen refer to the "Soft Ceramic" interior on the Titanium as a "light gray", but in others it looks very close to white. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

There IS a light grey available too.......but only with certain option packages.

And the "build your own" exercise tries to tell you that you can only have "brick red" (or whatever it's called) with certain options.

My dealer said they have never SEEN a Fusion with that brick red interior.

I can post a pic. or two if nobody else comes up with any.

Edited by Easy Rider

I’ve got the MSC and I really like it. I was worried after reading about leather care for light colored seats and had a few moments of buyers remorse before it actually arrived thinking I might have made a mistake. But after it arrived I really like it. I can also take some pictures this afternoon and post them if nobody beats me to it, is there a particular part I should make sure to include?

The only thing to watch for on light colored seats is wearing new or fairly new jeans. Old worn faded ones are fine, but man do new jeans stain light leather! My MKT has a stain that wont come out, and some of the finish is worn. Lots of getting in and out by the previous owner. If you do start to see some color on it, clean it right away so it doesnt dig in and take hold.

I’ve got the MSC and I really like it. I was worried after reading about leather care for light colored seats and had a few moments of buyers remorse before it actually arrived thinking I might have made a mistake. But after it arrived I really like it. I can also take some pictures this afternoon and post them if nobody beats me to it, is there a particular part I should make sure to include?

I was concerned as to how the mix of MSC and black on the door panels would look, but I would also like to see the rest of the interior as well, so go for it! I was able to find a dealership that had MSC, though not in the configuration I wanted, so I was able to take a look at it. Looks perfectly acceptable to me. It's been a while, so seeing the pictures would refresh my memory.

The problem now will be to see if my configuration is available when I'm ready to order it. I'm looking for the Hybrid Titanium in Ruby Red with MSC and no other options. I don't see it locally, so hopefully the dealer will be able to locate one somewhere else. If not, I'll have to be more flexible. If you had to add something you didn't necessarily want in order to get the car you wanted, what would you get? ACC? BLIS? Other?

To me a good color combo would be White Platinum with the brick red interior, but they wont do that combo. Too classic Caddy looking?

For the folks that actually have MSC, would you classify it closer to "grey" or "white"?

To me a good color combo would be White Platinum with the brick red interior, but they wont do that combo. Too classic Caddy looking?

Maybe that's just Ford being Ford. They don't offer Dune Leather with the Ruby Red HyTi, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Maybe that's just Ford being Ford. They don't offer Dune Leather with the Ruby Red HyTi, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

That would also make a good color combo.

That would be my first choice, but I'm not willing to go the aftermarket ($$$) route.

Not offering the Dune in the HyTi was the reason I ordered an Bordeau Red SE FFH with the Dune interior. I also have a Ruby Red MKZh with Dune interior. Both cars a very striking.

The problem now will be to see if my configuration is available when I'm ready to order it. I'm looking for the Hybrid Titanium in Ruby Red with MSC and no other options. I don't see it locally, so hopefully the dealer will be able to locate one somewhere else. If not, I'll have to be more flexible. If you had to add something you didn't necessarily want in order to get the car you wanted, what would you get? ACC? BLIS? Other?

We really like having BLIS. The Cross Traffic Alert saved us from having an accident backing out of a driveway onto a busy street when we couldn't see around snow banks this winter. The Lane Keep Assist is a fantastic feature when you're driving long distances on the freeway. Rain Sensing Wipers are a great invention because when you're driving in heavy raid it's nice to be able to focus just on driving and not have to worry about the wipers. The Auto High Beams are also really nice when driving in the country at night. Adaptive Cruise Control is slightly lower on my list, but also very nice. The Active Park Assist is of value to us because it includes the front parking sensors which really help when pulling in/out of our garage or in/out of spaces in parking lots to make sure that we come close but don't hit anything around us. I'd highly recommend the Driver Assist Package! I'd strongly recommend Active Park Assist and I would recommend Adaptive Cruise.

If you haven't test driven a Fusion Hybrid with those packages I would suggest that you do. You might find that you really like some of those features.

So, basically you're saying that I should get all the options available. :)

YES!

here is a link to pics of my 14 HYTi with MSC interior

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/capttoz/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

The Seats look lighter than they really are. So far they have been really easy to keep clean.

Edited by Toz

This is a little off topic, but today was the first day hot enough here to really use the cooled seats. Man that is nice. Keep me from sweating up my MSC seats!

YES!

here is a link to pics of my 14 HYTi with MSC interior

Thanks for the pics. It looks like you got your car "Jess" in time. Sorry. Edited by DirectorMan

So, basically you're saying that I should get all the options available. :)

I'm saying that they all add more value than I thought. When we ordered our black FFH back in 2012 we didn't opt for hardly any additional options above the base SE Hybrid with Luxury Package because we didn't see justification for the cost. After driving the car on two cross-country road trips we realized that we should have spent the additional money on some of those features. So then when we got fed up with the issues of our black FFH and found an opportunity to swap for a white FFH with all the options basically for free because of year-end deals we did it.

A couple of options that I would not choose are: 18-inch wheels, premium paint & navigation.

Edited by hybridbear

I'm saying that they all add more value than I thought.

Understood.

I'm not going to be putting a lot of miles on the HyTi, so some of the options, as beneficial as they may be, seem unnecessary for me. I'm anticipating the possibility that it may be very difficult to find a Ruby Red HyTi with MSC interior without shelling out some more cash for some options. I haven't ruled out the black interior, and I also haven't ruled out Sterling Gray for the exterior.

hybridbear, you've given me some great feedback as to the value of the options you have on your Fusions. I will consider your recommendations when purchase time comes, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

Understood.

I'm not going to be putting a lot of miles on the HyTi, so some of the options, as beneficial as they may be, seem unnecessary for me. I'm anticipating the possibility that it may be very difficult to find a Ruby Red HyTi with MSC interior without shelling out some more cash for some options. I haven't ruled out the black interior, and I also haven't ruled out Sterling Gray for the exterior.

hybridbear, you've given me some great feedback as to the value of the options you have on your Fusions. I will consider your recommendations when purchase time comes, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

Some of those options like the Driver Assist Package only have to save you from an accident once to offset their cost. The Cross Traffic Alert saved us when backing out around snow banks this winter when someone was speeding down a residential street and could have hit us. They've also saved me when backing out of my parents' driveway into the alley where ppl speed down the alley without paying attention. All it takes is one instance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of those options are like an insurance policy to protect you from some of those situations.