joeany

Michelin energy tires blowing out

If the Michelin's are not working, what did you replace them with?

Low profile tires are always at risk of blowing a sidewall mainly due to the fact there is less cushion between tread and rim to absorb the blow of a sharp edge. It has nothing to due with who made the tires, its just one of those things to be wary of with low profiles. Since you have the Energy, you more likely have the 17" rim, which has more sidewall than those on the 18" rim, so if you hit hard enough to blow a sidewall, imagine what damage can happen with even less sidewall on the 18" rims.

I am soooo glad we don't have a pot hole epidemic around here. My 19s would not survive! ;)

Edited by SteveB_TX

Imagine the 20's on my MKT! At least they have a hefty sidewall, have to give credit to GY on the RSA tires, very thick sidewall that sticks out past the rim to protect it from scrapes.

Michelin Energy Saver, thats what I referred to, not the Energi model car. Only the 17" wheels have that tire. The 18's are the goodyears.