Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Headlights Flicker when using turn signal

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Fordguy469

Fordguy469

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

Found the fix. PM me for details.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Found the fix. PM me for details.

Hello, welcome to the Forum.
Is there a reason you don't want to share this repair openly on the Forum?  I can respect that if it might cause you a problem somehow.

If not, I am sure the rest of us could learn by your experience and appreciate it if you'd post it here.

Plus, you'd only have to type up the answer once!  :)

• hybridbear, corncobs, gkinla and 1 other like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#23 OFFLINE   Kybuck

Kybuck

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

I just got my 2014 Energi SE back after a little over a week at the dealer for this (and an oil change and a couple other minor issues).  The majority of the time was spent on this issue.  The first day, they couldn't replicate it, and worked on the oil change and other items (even though it was consistently flickering at least once every few "blinks").  The next day, they thankfully were able to replicate the issue, but they couldn't find anything obvious and had to contact "engineering" for help.  The next day, when they heard back it was diagnosed as a BCM issue, and they had to order one, which took a couple business days.  It finally arrived yesterday, and they finished installing/programming it today.  All covered under warranty.

At least on the little bit of driving I did tonight, the flicker has gone away.  But I'm almost positive my car didn't do it from day one, so time will tell if it comes back.  If it does, I may just try the capacitor solution.

A few things to note:

- Replacing the BCM requires reprogramming both keys, so the dealer needs both (I had to make a special trip to deliver the second set).

- In my case, the door keypad code changed.  I had to use the procedure outlined in the manual to have the car display the new code.  So the card with the code that came with my car (which was in my glove box the whole time) now shows the wrong code.

- Some minor settings, etc. changed/reverted to default and had to be set back up.  I also had to set up MyFordMobile again (Energi only).  That being said, my memory seats, trip odometers, radio station presets, cell phone pairing, etc. all worked without any issues.

• hybridbear likes this

Mods and Enhancements: Nushield Triple A Touchscreen protector, DMB graphics sterling gray Ford logo overlays (front, rear, and wheels), splash guards, stubby antenna, chrome lower grill slats

#24 OFFLINE   TStorm

TStorm

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid S

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

Jumping in on an old conversation here....but I have noticed my 2014 doing the same. Was replacing the BCM the final fix or was there something else? I have about 5k left on my warranty if that is what it requires.

#25 OFFLINE   gr8skate

gr8skate

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion 2.5L

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Jumping in on an old conversation here....but I have noticed my 2014 doing the same. Was replacing the BCM the final fix or was there something else? I have about 5k left on my warranty if that is what it requires.

Same here. What is the fix and proof that this is a problem. Drivers side headlight pulses periodically when either turn signal is on. The car is stock, no modifications. My dealer refuses to acknowledge there is a issue and my warranty is almost up.  :banghead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·