First of all I must say: I absolutely LOVE my FFH! But there is one, and only one design flaw: the center console change tray.

It does not Stay in place!

It does not hold my change!

It is impossible to access where it is supposed to sit!

It is poorly designed!

So does anyone have a fix or substitute for this, the only flaw in an otherwise perfect vehicle?

The tray in our center console stays in place, holds coins and is readily accessible. I just emptied most of the change out of it today.

The tray in our center console stays in place, holds coins and is readily accessible. I just emptied most of the change out of it today.

Does your tray have a coin holder?

Does it only fit at the very back of the compartment because of the notches?

Well mine is always falling over into the main box. Call me fumble fingers

I miss the little coin drawer that was on the left side of the dash in the 2010. Kept my quarters for Aldi there.

I miss the little coin drawer that was on the left side of the dash in the 2010. Kept my quarters for Aldi there.

That's where I kept my garage door opener.

Does your tray have a coin holder?

Does it only fit at the very back of the compartment because of the notches?

Well mine is always falling over into the main box. Call me fumble fingers

Yes it has a coin holder and fits between the notches towards the very back. It has never fallen in.

The coin holder has a single notch on one side and two notches on the other side - are you placing it in correctly so that it sits flush in the console? My grandson put it in backwards and I couldn't figure out why it was rattling until I did a closer inspection.

Mine always seems to get knocked loose and fall in to the console as well. It just seems to be an awkward design in my opinion.

Mine always seems to get knocked loose and fall in to the console as well. It just seems to be an awkward design in my opinion.

Like I said, I love my Fusion and am reduced to trying to solve an accessory tray problem because the rest is designed so WELL!

I can't see in the tray at the back, so wish it would fit in the front of the arm rest! The design prevents this though.

I think a better design would be full length, so it is more stable, and with coin holders by size (quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies).

How expensive could that have been?

Here you go, problem solved http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-fusion-cupcoin-holder-p-1250.html As long as you don't need your coins neatly separated and only use 1 cup holder. :spend:

Thanks, I need both my cup holders since they are scarce on this car (just enough usually). I guess I will fiddle with my coin tray and mod it to fit in front of armrest compartment where I can see contents.

First of all I must say: I absolutely LOVE my FFH! But there is one, and only one design flaw: the center console change tray.

It does not Stay in place!

It does not hold my change!

It is impossible to access where it is supposed to sit!

It is poorly designed!

So does anyone have a fix or substitute for this, the only flaw in an otherwise perfect vehicle?

Where is it supposed to sit???

I've yet to figure this out. It's not in the owner's manual and I can't find any pictures of it on the net...

Where is it supposed to sit???

I've yet to figure this out. It's not in the owner's manual and I can't find any pictures of it on the net...

You are joking right?

The center console when open on top has two little pins on the left side (driver) and one on the right side. The tray has two notches on one side and one on the other and the rest isn't nuclear science.

Edited by corncobs

Mine stays put, until I stick my hand in there and dislodge it, then I struggle to put it back. Its difficult due to it being as far back as it is and you need to be contortionist to get to it.

I solved the problem easy enough

Driver carries no cash.

You are joking right?

The center console when open on top has two little pins on the left side (driver) and one on the right side. The tray has two notches on one side and one on the other and the rest isn't nuclear science.

homer_doh-1.png

I would like to say that I was too busy saving blind one-legged nuns, but... I can't. I got nothin'.

You are joking right?

CC, you did that very nicely. Humorous and respectful.

KLH, don't feel bad. I have at least one of those moments every day. Now your misery is gone.