SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 14C03

Certain 2013-2014 Model Year C-MAX, Escape, Fusion, and MKZ Vehicles

Front Seat Back Frame Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Date Range
C-MAX 2013-2014 Michigan July 23, 2012 through May 28, 2013
Escape 2013-2014 Louisville June 5, 2012 through August 12, 2013
Fusion/MKZ 2013-2014 Hermosillo August 15, 2012 through September 10, 2013

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership, visit https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com. This information will be available on April 3, 2014.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL

Certain front driver and passenger seatback assemblies may have been produced with sub-standard weld joints attaching the seatback recliner mechanism to the seatback frame. A sub-standard recliner to seatback frame weld joint may separate and the operator may notice noise in the seatback or a loose or leaning seatback. Sub-standard recliner to seatback welds may also not meet the requirements of S4.2 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 207, potentially increasing the risk of injury in certain collisions.

SERVICE ACTION

DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any of the affected vehicles involved in this compliance recall. It is anticipated that a complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the second quarter of 2014, once parts to repair this condition are available.

NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to support this compliance recall. In the interim period, if a vehicle arrives at your dealership with a front seatback that exhibits a loose or leaning condition or for dealer stock vehicles with a customer sales contract, please contact the Special Service Support Center.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION

Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.

Yes thank jeff_h. I reposted on the Lincoln Owners and Lincoln MKZ forums.

Edited by SteveB_TX

Yes, I doubt many of the cars affected by this recall/hold notice are still on the lot. This will probably only impact smaller dealerships. Their inventory tends sit on the lot longer than at the big dealers... like in my area. :)

If those dates are correct, then my car is unaffected. I ordered August 30, 2013 and was given a September 23rd, 2013 build date. I would be surprised if many new cars on the lots are affected given the fast turnover for FFHs (usually less than a month).

As a side note, I see you are from Scottsdate. We lived there for 15 years and still have property there.

Cool! I've been here for the past two years. It's a very nice area.

Hello everyone,

I just want to remind you all that recalls are VIN-specific and may not affect all vehicles built between those dates. I recommend checking out the Ford Owner website to see if your particular vehicle is affected by this recall.

Ashley

Has anybody had a seat issue that they could (likely) attribute to this?

My seat has a few slight creaks sometimes, but otherwise totally normal.

owner.ford.com does not list a recall for my car at this time, but could be coming.

Anybody have a recall listed for their Fusion?

Has anybody had a seat issue that they could (likely) attribute to this?

My seat has a few slight creaks sometimes, but otherwise totally normal.

owner.ford.com does not list a recall for my car at this time, but could be coming.

Anybody have a recall listed for their Fusion?

The compliance recall notice says "Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the second quarter of 2014, once parts to repair this condition are available." I presume this also means owners will not receive their notices until this time period as well. :)

Neither of our cars, which fall into the built date range, have a notice as of today.

Edited by SteveB_TX

Re-read the notice guys. It says no notices will be made until a fix and parts are available in the 2nd quarter of 2014. The ETIS and Lincoln owners sites were slow to reflect the last recall for the MKZ. ETIS still shows my Z needing the first recall, even though it was done months ago. :)

Update:

Concerned owners can contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ask about recall # 14C03. I have read that the recall was expected to begin May 19th, so we should start seeing the recall notices in our mail within the next few weeks. Don't hold ME to that! ;)

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236, or go to www.safercar.gov.

aw bugger, was going to check Etis, but the site failed. OOPS.

Well I got me recall notice letter today! Looks like a stop at the dealer is coming up soon.

Does ETIS or your My Ford page show the recall? Neither show anything for the MKZh or FFH. Perhaps both of ours are not part of the recall! :)

Edited by SteveB_TX