I really can not stand halogen headlights and have become a custome to having HID's. I looked around here and didnt find much on the topic. I have considered LED headlights but can not find anything that shows the acual light output from behind the wheel. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has done HID or LED kit on thier 14 hybrid? Can you confirm that the fusion needs the relay or does it need tha can bus (does the fusion have a bow)? Thanks.

I am really hopping that a company will make a nice led/HID kit with instructions and parts. Lots of people have added HID's, but their results have varied. I just would like a kit that has every thing I need to make the conversion amd have it work right the first time.

I am really hopping that a company will make a nice led/HID kit with instructions and parts. Lots of people have added HID's, but their results have varied. I just would like a kit that has every thing I need to make the conversion amd have it work right the first time.

Let me help you out, this is where i get my HID's from. I just get bulbs and ballasts bc I dont have the balls to actually open my headlights to retro fit em. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits.html if you do decide on anything here use discount code STEADYMOBBIN at check out (saves20%).

Edited by bonzman17

I just L O V E the adaptive LED headlights on my MKZh! Sorry, I just had to let that out! :)

So pia to get bumper off for the first time but worth it. Installed 5000k canbus hid's from theretrofitsource.com. I had a slight problem at first: it looks like the car had to learn that hid's were installed. I had to cycle the lights and fogs before the car decided to fire up passenger headlight. I think the car looks very good and should have come this way from the factory. Now to upgrade the fogs....

So pia to get bumper off for the first time but worth it. Installed 5000k canbus hid's from theretrofitsource.com. I had a slight problem at first: it looks like the car had to learn that hid's were installed. I had to cycle the lights and fogs before the car decided to fire up passenger headlight. I think the car looks very good and should have come this way from the factory. Now to upgrade the fogs....

:camera: Where are the pics? ;) ;)

I'll get them on here most likely tomorrow got to shower and get to bed. 4 am comes too fast!

to update, I had to cycle the headlights again this morning to get the passenger light to fire, no problems after that and that includes a quick stop at the store. It's not the ballast; I checked that yesterday using the the driver's side light, I will have to look further into how the headlights operate with this car. Or maybe someone can tell me something here.

i put HIDs in my 2013. I found a 6000k kit on amazon. I went to intall them but they would not fire, so i ordered a relay harness from amazon too. I looked up on google how to connect the relay to the HID kit, and was surprised how simple it was. Plugged everything together and turned on the headlight switch, everything worked great. I havent had one single problem with them since spring 2013. Plus everything i bought was about 50$.

For my fog lights i got those on amazon too, make sure you get a high watt cree led so that they are bright enough.

i put HIDs in my 2013. I found a 6000k kit on amazon. I went to intall them but they would not fire, so i ordered a relay harness from amazon too. I looked up on google how to connect the relay to the HID kit, and was surprised how simple it was. Plugged everything together and turned on the headlight switch, everything worked great. I havent had one single problem with them since spring 2013. Plus everything i bought was about 50$.

For my fog lights i got those on amazon too, make sure you get a high watt cree led so that they are bright enough.

you must have gone, go or have someone that goes to Akron huh? Fear the Roo! You have a link to the LEDs you got from amazon? Any pics?

I am a proud alum of Akron graduated in 2012. Go Zips!

I am pretty sure these are the fog lights i have, they are 26 watts, i saw that they also make a 32 watt if you wanna go brighter. link

and here are the fog lights installed, in my garage during the day link or

not too sure how to post pics and I've had a few so guess that will have to wait until I'm feeling it.

not too sure how to post pics and I've had a few so guess that will have to wait until I'm feeling it.

I use a free photobucket.com account. It's pretty easy to use.

I like the ones on the MKT, but would have to have the DRL turned off to use them on the HyTi. I live out in the country and the lights are adequate, could be better, but not worth the hassle for me.