Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Warning lights

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Fubrid

Fubrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford fusion hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

I have my '14 for 8 days and CEL came on at 800 miles. Took it to dealership and they had no one available to diagnose it. I begged them to just read the code off of it so they did and I saw a P0456.Then he cleared it and the light went out. I have an appointment for weds. but they said if the CEL doesn't come back on just cancel since they won't have anything to troubleshoot. So now 60 miles later and 4 key cycles air bag light on dash lit up. And light up on windshield flickering. Any ideas?
277480.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,522 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

P0456 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Very Small Leak)

• hybridbear likes this

#3 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

I have my '14 for 8 days and CEL came on at 800 miles. Took it to dealership and they had no one available to diagnose it. I begged them to just read the code off of it so they did and I saw a P0456.Then he cleared it and the light went out. I have an appointment for weds. but they said if the CEL doesn't come back on just cancel since they won't have anything to troubleshoot. So now 60 miles later and 4 key cycles air bag light on dash lit up. And light up on windshield flickering. Any ideas?

Run a Vehicle Health Report any time there are errors to document the issue.

Edited by hybridbear, 31 March 2014 - 12:07 PM.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#4 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Fubrid,

Let me lend a hand. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

#5 OFFLINE   Fubrid

Fubrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Thanks hybridbear I did run the VHR before the tech cleared the code. Also I pm'd Ashley at FordService. I'll check back in with an update,thx.
  • hybridbear likes this
277480.png

#6 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thanks hybridbear I did run the VHR before the tech cleared the code. Also I pm'd Ashley at FordService. I'll check back in with an update,thx.

I got it and replied, Fubrid.

Ashley

#7 OFFLINE   Fubrid

Fubrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wife took car to dealership today and on the way there CEL returned. So after she waited an hour, they decided the car would have to stay and she brought home a rental a non FoMoCo SUV ( back to 20 mpgs if we're lucky). Dealer called this evening and said might take 3 days or more because the airbag was throwing all kinds of codes at them, it was unsafe to drive, and they don't know what the problem is yet. I traded in a 2011 explorer which I had built and I had that in a few times under warranty for the steering failing. I am a loyal Ford customer and "my wife knows" that this is the only brand I will buy but believe me did I get an ear full from her today. What's going on?Are they just producing vehicles as fast as possible and keeping their fingers crossed as they leave the plant. Anyway when I hear some (hopefully good news)I'll check back in.
277480.png

#8 OFFLINE   Fubrid

Fubrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Sorry for the delay of posting back, but I did want to drive for a bit to make sure all is well. As far as the CEL it was a p0456 and it says they replaced canister purge valve. The airbag issue was a short internal 14056D .4 and 14056D1 .9 RCM codes. R and R console and replace RCM. I guess basically some sort of sensor. Thanks for all the help, loving the car more everyday especially with the last tank we ran a 45 mpg average.
  • hybridbear likes this
277480.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·