Carol S.

Is there a screen that shows MPG history for total miles driven??

You can view your cumulative MPG on the Display Mode screen:

20140330_200321_zps2bbfe000.jpg

20140330_200331_zps2ea43431.jpg

Maybe it resets if your battery is disconnected but it hasn't yet on mine in the ~6 months I've had it.

Fuelly will require you to record your miles travelled between fill ups and the amount of gas you put in. I just use my phone to take two pictures every time I buy gas - one of Trip 1 (which I then reset) and another of the display on the pump that lists the gallons of gas and price. Then I add that info into fuelly.

Edit: Also, note that entering fill-ups manually through fuelly will give you a more accurate number of your MPG than the Display Mode value (my Display Mode value is ~2.1 MPG higher than fuelly).

Edited by Ted Swing

Ah, I just use Trip 1 for the current tank's MPG so I've never reset the Display Mode. It seems like there ought to be somewhere that total MPG is recorded that CAN'T be reset.

EV miles cannot display the thousands digit on the trip screens so if your trip 2 has 5000 miles and 2500 EV miles it will appear as 500 EV miles. Just an FYI to keep in mind.

oh? Mine showed 9000 EV miles. Maybe we are talking about different screens.

Now you have me curious to look, but my wife has the car today and I probably wont be driving it until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Been driving the MKT this week and heading to Ohio for the weekend. Been very impressed with the mileage in the MKT, getting over 21 MPG in 30* temps, even better than the Flex was doing, it was doing good. Can't wait to see what she does on the interstate.

Noticed the same thing, too, but have since reset and ignored. Found it very odd that they weren't synched. I'm sure we'll never know why...

Mine has not been reset either and has the same discrepancy. Car had 3 miles when I drove off the lot, everything except trip 1 was reset the moment I got in the car. Lifetime is 42.5