Kim:

I don't know whats worse Ford Nav maps or the site you sent me to. I kept poking in adresses untill I found the one in front of my house.

My house is 1907, the address that corosponds is 1937 and the site you sent me to showed 300.

I corrected it but its WAY off.The navmaps are closer to what the googls maps showed before I corrected them.

Try it your self.

1907 scenic dr section al. 35771

Google earth is spot on.

Hi larrylwill,

This is the best website I can offer to report inaccurate map information. Although HERE is closed on Sundays, you can call them if you have questions about the map creator website. The phone number is 888-628-6277 and they will be open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST tomorrow. They are much more knowledgeable about the map updates than I am; I don't want to provide incorrect information. Since I already have most of your information I'll document your feedback about the navigation system and send a PM with the case number.

Kim

When I was in the process of purchasing my Fusion, my salesman also told me that map updates were free - forever. I didn't really think to believe him, though, as I assumed he was either uninformed, misinformed, or lying.

Probably all three! I didn't even think to ask my salesman about updates. I just wanted to get in the car and drive. :) Now, if I had purchased my car from the only local Lincoln dealer, all three would apply...

Question: How many salesmen does it take to release the electronic parking brake on a 2013 Lincoln MKZ?

Answer: 5 (including the new car manager). That's how many it took before the salesman at my local dealer could move the car out of the showroom for a test drive!

My recent trip to Toledo showed how inaccurate the NAV is, both of them. The hotel was shown 1/4 mile further up and the road didn't exist on the map. It's not like it was a new hotel either, it at least 10 years old. The Exhibition center though was spot on, until I went to leave, it appears that a road used to exist, and was replaced by a building, so it was tell me to turn where there was no road. The TomTom had the same information and its less than a year since the last update.

I got that in the first 13 when we went to Florida. I forgot to disable the ferry and other parts, and that damned thing had me taking a ferry on dark and stormy night. Once we got across the river I started to get those messages too. The roads are there on the map, but the speed limits, and other road information has not been entered in the software, to it cant inform you about the specifics, hence, unknown road.

The dash POI doesn't work in ANY Ford with this type of dash, including the Lincoln Mutton Lettuce and Tomato.

Here is an opposite view of that, even though a portable only costs between $100 and $300, if you leave it plugged in and visible, there is a chance that some schmuck will break in and steal it, just because. The end result could cost just as much as the built in Nav which can't be stolen. The portables are much better than the built in, but for what it does it does well enough for me. For long trips though I always take my TomTOm with, just in case. Except for my trip to Toledo, it is a straight shot so did not have to worry about roads.

Neither Nav would have helped with the return trip though, the ramp to I80 was closed and I failed to see the detour signs and wound up taking the stupid skyway and getting stuck in Chitcago Kennedy traffic.