Ford's IVT choices in vendors, Microsoft and Navteq, has come around to bite them in the ass with the huge amount of crap ratings they get for the whole MyFordTouch experience. The hardware is what the hardware is. They should open source this stuff and let users write apps to replace the crap. Can you imagine google maps on your screen?

Wow so much hate for the nav! I always knew the in car nav is no where near as good as the portable ones, however, in a pinch they work just fine. I always bring my TomTom with even though I have the Nav, and unless you setup the Nav to ignore certain "features", you could find yourself waiting for a Ferry at 8 at night on a dark and stormy night. Then once you reach the other side, find out your built in NAV doesnt know where you are with unknown roads.

For my local driving the car nav works fine, but anytime I travel out of state, I bring the TomTom. It is what it is a convenience feature, but the maps are sure not very good. I had to use it today and it got me where I needed to be without any hiccups, I just turn the notifications off ding ding my ass.

I brought this up in another thread, but I'll do it here too. Has anyone taken a look at other car manufacturer's GPS systems. Most I've seen are subpar to the Ford one, most don't even support the 3D view, let a long 3D buildings. As for Map updates, it drives me crazy how expensive they are and how long it takes to come out. My last 4 cars all had NAV systems (Mini, and 3 Fords). The Mini updates came out once a year on the dot and cost $200 each. (this is before cell phones with free google maps was bid and before most portable gps's cost $100 and came with lifetime updates. For the Fords, my first car (2010 FFH) came with a map that was a year out of date, I raised a stink with Ford Corporate and they sent me the latest one for free.

As for the current version which is A4, I'm pretty sure we all got that free when the new MyFord Touch version was released, but just looking at the data its at least 2 years behind (especially for some places in the DC Metro area).

The real problem I see here is how can the map updates take so long to come out (2-18 months per an email I received from Navteq) and cost so much when Garmin who also uses Navteq can put out 4 updates a year (included in the cost of the GPS) and their map data is up to date.

P.S. I can't understand why someone cant figure out how to just be able to send your phone google maps or apple maps using Bluetooth) to the already built in system. This way you already have the latest maps and no extra cost.

I agree. The Toyota Prius nav is terrible in comparison to the Ford nav. The nav in the Honda Accord is also much worse. Neither of those automakers include as many features with their in-dash nav as Ford. Ford does a good job with this, even if the updates are expensive, they still do better than the competition.

Then I would say the bar is really low. I like the idea of Ford setting the bar high (HINT: GOOGLE MAPS API) and leaving everyone else in the dust.

I tried deleting home but it still left the icon on the map, I also could not make a location HOme. I finally started putting in house addresses untill I got one that showed where my house is. I live at 1907 and it took 1931 to be at the proper spot, I then saved it as home.

Also the sync is pretty bad for me. I ask to call home and it changes to AM 550. I have no idea why the sound the same. I tried saying Phone, the call home and phone home but 90% of the time I got changingto am 550. I will go through the learning program when I get time.

Hey larrylwill,

If you notice information that is incorrect on your current map, you may be interested in reporting it here to help enhance future updates to navigation: http://here.com/mapcreator/

It sounds like you were in the entertainment menu. If you're attempting to call someone and the radio station changes, give the command PHONE first. Then, you can say CALL HOME. Here are the main categories for voice commands: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/voice-command-categories-sync-myford-touch

Kim