rocky

Never had a car with Adaptive cruise control. I'm scared to use it

When collision alert flashes, the brakes precharge to slow you faster too, so it does help in situations posted above more than if you didn't have it.

One thing to note about the Collision Alert, if you are already braking, it will not activate. Know this first hand back on 2-21. Had I not been on the brakes slowing down, there is a pretty good chance it would have alerted me in time to avoid the car I could not see.

It does take some patience to gain some trust in the system and it is pretty freaky the first few times the car slows itself down.

The only thing I have found difficult to get used to when using the ACC in city traffic is that sometimes it's tracking will have a tendency to "follow" the car in front of you for a little too long after they get out of your lane.

For instance if I am behind someone and they pull over into a right turn lane and slow down to make their turn, I will often find my car slamming on the brakes, even though I have plenty of room with no one in front of me.

Most of the time now I remember to disengage for a moment when someone in front of me starts to look like they are about to get out of my lane and slow down at the same time or in quick succession, but its still a shock when I forget to disengage and the car hits the brakes hard!