Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Open door ambient lighting function

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jza80

jza80

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, others
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

I just took delivery of a 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium, and I have a question about how the ambient lighting functions that I hope someone can help me with. 

My question relates to how the ambient lighting changes color when a door is opened.  We have a 2013 CMAX Energi, and in this car the normally blue ambient lighting changes to red for the door that is opened (the rest of the car remains blue, just the open door lighting changes).  I have seen this same thing in a few Ford Escape SUV’s that I have rented so I assumed that this was standard operation.  But, my new Fusion Energi does not do this – the opened door light color remains blue.  Is this normal for other Fusions?  Is there a setting to enable it? 

It is not a big deal if the 2014 Fusion does not work the same as the 2013 CMAX and Escape ambient lighting setups, it just seems a little strange that it does not in this car and I would like to know if this is normal behavior.  Any feedback would be appreciated!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   PeterC6482

PeterC6482

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I believe that the lights turn red if you open the door with the engine on.

#3 OFFLINE   PeterC6482

PeterC6482

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Let me restate this: the lights turn from their selected color to blue when the door is opened.  If the engine is also on when the door is opened, the lights turn to red instead of blue.

• hybridbear likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jza80

jza80

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for this information.  I checked last night and the lights turn from blue to red when the ignition is on.  No change when it is off, but the color is already blue right now so there would not be a change in this scenario.  I'll change it to some other color tonight and see if it changes to blue with the ignition off.  But, it sounds like my car is working normally.  

Thanks again.

#5 OFFLINE   jza80

jza80

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

Let me restate this: the lights turn from their selected color to blue when the door is opened.  If the engine is also on when the door is opened, the lights turn to red instead of blue.

My car works exactly as this.  Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·