jza80

Open door ambient lighting function

I just took delivery of a 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium, and I have a question about how the ambient lighting functions that I hope someone can help me with.

My question relates to how the ambient lighting changes color when a door is opened. We have a 2013 CMAX Energi, and in this car the normally blue ambient lighting changes to red for the door that is opened (the rest of the car remains blue, just the open door lighting changes). I have seen this same thing in a few Ford Escape SUV’s that I have rented so I assumed that this was standard operation. But, my new Fusion Energi does not do this – the opened door light color remains blue. Is this normal for other Fusions? Is there a setting to enable it?

It is not a big deal if the 2014 Fusion does not work the same as the 2013 CMAX and Escape ambient lighting setups, it just seems a little strange that it does not in this car and I would like to know if this is normal behavior. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Let me restate this: the lights turn from their selected color to blue when the door is opened. If the engine is also on when the door is opened, the lights turn to red instead of blue.

Thanks for this information. I checked last night and the lights turn from blue to red when the ignition is on. No change when it is off, but the color is already blue right now so there would not be a change in this scenario. I'll change it to some other color tonight and see if it changes to blue with the ignition off. But, it sounds like my car is working normally.

Thanks again.

Let me restate this: the lights turn from their selected color to blue when the door is opened. If the engine is also on when the door is opened, the lights turn to red instead of blue.

My car works exactly as this. Thanks again!