Ryan Goodlett

Keyless Entry works...sometimes

One of the best things you can do to have a good experience with your service department is meet face to face with the service manager (and the techs also) and avoid creating a hostile adversarial relationship. My service department has gone out of their way to make things right.

Anyone that has ever worked in a customer support role (like a car dealer service department) knows that, by the nature of the job, you only hear about problems from customers who are frequently unhappy and sometimes hostile. You rarely hear from a happy customer. If you have a good experience with your service department let them know. A few seconds to send an e-mail or a phone call goes a long way to creating a good working relationship and greasing the skids for that next service appointment that will likely be needed sometime in the future.

Me and both SA at my dealership are on a first name basis. I call to talk to them and they know me. They also know I take good care of my cars so if I have a complaint its legit.

I guess I'm just a bit jaded because I've had nothing but bad experiences at 5 different dealers in our area. So I will be using Ashley to get the CSM involved when we bring in our car next and I'll report back about it online so that we can see how things go.

Me and both SA at my dealership are on a first name basis. I call to talk to them and they know me. They also know I take good care of my cars so if I have a complaint its legit.

They sure know you in a good way!

I too have this problem, but only at work and only when the car is parked in close proximity to the factory building which is a large prefab metal sheathed I-beam structure. Large metal structures like this will often interfere with weak radio/RFI/Bluetooth signals either by damping the signal or by radiating interference. The only way arround it is to use the active Lock/Unlock button on the FOB.

I too have this problem, but only at work and only when the car is parked in close proximity to the factory building which is a large prefab metal sheathed I-beam structure. Large metal structures like this will often interfere with weak radio/RFI/Bluetooth signals either by damping the signal or by radiating interference. The only way arround it is to use the active Lock/Unlock button on the FOB.

Have you tried touching the rear drivers side door handle to unlock the entire car when your front door keyless entry isn't working? I'm able to do this every time which indicates to me it's not any kind of interference problem and more likely a problem with the driver door reciever or module.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am still having it and my dealer whom was supposed to look into it never called me back to try to find an answer. I'm going to address it at my next service which is the 36,000 mile checkup. I have noticed (which I never looked at before) that when this happens, the front door lock lights stay lit but the rear door lock lights go off. Anyone have an idea what that could indicate as it relates to the problem?