Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Keyless Entry works...sometimes

keyless entry

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ryan Goodlett

Ryan Goodlett

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH Ti
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

So I lock my car using the touch of the handle.  Sometimes I am gone for 30 minutes and other times 12 hours.  When I come back, I grab the handle of the car with the key in my pocket and the car doesn't unlock.  Take the key out of my pocket (didn't hit any buttons), pulled the handle and still nothing hoping for a range issue or line of sight issue (which there really shouldn't be one anyways).

I have found that touching the key code on the driver door and getting it to light up red with the numbers seems to wake up the car and the system comes back to life and works as intended.

All of the buttons on both keys work just fine as I can click the unlock button and the doors unlock immediately.  I am only having issues with the keyless entry.

2014 Hy Ti FFH with all options but the adaptive cruise.

Thanks,

2014 FFH Ti Tuxedo Black - Ace Alloy Convex 20 x 8.5 40mm offset with 245/35/20 Goodyear All Season - Visual Garage Shark Fin - Steeda Strut Tower Brace - Steeda Hood Strut Kit - Steeda Rear Sway Bar

Ryan

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Ryan Goodlett

Ryan Goodlett

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH Ti

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Opps posted in the wrong section.  Please move me and my issues to Alarms, Keys & Remote Start.   :doh: 

2014 FFH Ti Tuxedo Black - Ace Alloy Convex 20 x 8.5 40mm offset with 245/35/20 Goodyear All Season - Visual Garage Shark Fin - Steeda Strut Tower Brace - Steeda Hood Strut Kit - Steeda Rear Sway Bar

Ryan

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,463 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

When you touch the inside of the door handle the car sends out a low frequency signal that the IA key receives and responds to which tells the car it's okay to unlock the door.  There have been reports of problems with this handshake by several people.  Have your dealer test the system.  I think the fix was to replace the security radio assembly in the car.

#4 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Sounds like a module issue. Maybe your hands are too dry. :)  When you wash the car with your key in the pocket, and spray the door handles the locks will cycle. See what happens when you do this.   

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#5 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

So I lock my car using the touch of the handle.  Sometimes I am gone for 30 minutes and other times 12 hours.  When I come back, I grab the handle of the car with the key in my pocket and the car doesn't unlock.  Take the key out of my pocket (didn't hit any buttons), pulled the handle and still nothing hoping for a range issue or line of sight issue (which there really shouldn't be one anyways). ...

Ryan,

Let me lend a hand with this. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look at some options for you.

Ashley

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Mattingly

Chris Mattingly

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Our 2014 is also doing this... it's going to the dealer for this, and a laundry list of other issues.

The problem with this particular issue is that it's so random, I expect the dealer won't be able to replicate it (and therefor not fix anything).  We'll see.

#7 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Yep. Count me in as having the same problem. I now just touch the rear drivers side door handle to unlock the car when it happens, which is pretty frequently.
Sometimes when it happens and after I unlock the car with the rear door handle, I'll sit in the front seat and the horn will honk twice as if the key is out of range. The same way It honks if you have the car on and start walking away with the key in your pocket.

Edited by Riggo, 27 June 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   jpgale

jpgale

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yep. Count me in as having the same problem. I now just touch the rear drivers side door handle to unlock the car when it happens, which is pretty frequently.
Sometimes when it happens and after I unlock the car with the rear door handle, I'll sit in the front seat and the horn will honk twice as if the key is out of range. The same way It honks if you have the car on and start walking away with the key in your pocket.

I have had the same issue a few times but not often enough to be able to take it in.  Today I had the honking issue as well.

I will keep an eye on this thread.

285323.png

#9 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

Sounds like the receiver in the drivers door is bad. 

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   s-one

s-one

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 30 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Titanium White Platinum

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'll have to check with my ford dealer on my next oil change because I'm having the same issue.

#11 OFFLINE   Chris Mattingly

Chris Mattingly

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Picked up our's from the dealer on Saturday. The service notes said that they were unable to replicate this problem, so no action was performed.

If the small group of us in this forum is having this problem, odds are it has to be fairly wide-spread. Maybe if we make enough noise Ford will recognize the issue at put out a TSB?

#12 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, if they have to replicate the problem I'll probably never get it fixed. It doesn't happen all of the time.

#13 OFFLINE   jpgale

jpgale

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I also hear a very small rattle from the door area where the keypad is, I wonder if that is related.  Up until the last time it happened to me touching the keypad solved the problem.  The last time it happened I wanted to open the back door first and it would not unlock at all.  I had to get the key out of my pocket.

I notice as I am writing this that FordService is reading this topic hopefully she can help us with this problem.  I intend to talk to my dealer service department to see what they will do as I have not taken my car to them yet.

James

285323.png

#14 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble with your keyless entry function, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

• Chris Mattingly likes this

#15 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

My module was replaced for the touchpad, It will unlock correctly but wont lock. It sometimes will, but most times wont, even after letting all the lights turn off. 

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   jpgale

jpgale

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble with your keyless entry function, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

Thanks Ashley, I feel like I need to give my dealer a chance to fix it before I have you get involved.  If they can not fix the issue then I will PM you.

James

285323.png

#17 OFFLINE   jpgale

jpgale

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

My module was replaced for the touchpad, It will unlock correctly but wont lock. It sometimes will, but most times wont, even after letting all the lights turn off. 

I have been hearing a little rattle from my left shoulder area of the car, I have been wondering if there is a lose wire for the touchpad that maybe effecting this.

285323.png

#18 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Thanks Ashley, I feel like I need to give my dealer a chance to fix it before I have you get involved.  If they can not fix the issue then I will PM you.

James

You should get Ashley involved from the beginning. This will help insure that the dealer does it right. Her purpose in being on this Forum is for exactly the situation you're in, not for cleaning up messes after dealers screw up. She can do that too, but it's much nicer to get her involved from day one.

• corncobs likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#19 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

You should get Ashley involved from the beginning. This will help insure that the dealer does it right. Her purpose in being on this Forum is for exactly the situation you're in, not for cleaning up messes after dealers screw up. She can do that too, but it's much nicer to get her involved from day one.

If jpgale's dealer has previously failed to fix the problem or is not responsive, then I agree that it would be time to get Ashley involved. If the service department has not been informed of the problem yet, then in my opinion jpgale's approach is the correct one and will lead to a better working relationship with the service department. Give the dealer's service department a fair chance to fix the problem before going over their head. Establishing a good working relationship from the beginning with your service department is very important. Only my opinion.

#20 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

If jpgale's dealer has previously failed to fix the problem or is not responsive, then I agree that it would be time to get Ashley involved. If the service department has not been informed of the problem yet, then in my opinion jpgale's approach is the correct one and will lead to a better working relationship with the service department. Give the dealer's service department a fair chance to fix the problem before going over their head. Establishing a good working relationship from the beginning with your service department is very important. Only my opinion.

I don't know about this. Do we have reason to believe that getting Ashley involved leads to a bad relationship between customer and dealer? I'd like to hear her thoughts on it.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·