GreenGene

Couldn't take it anymore

Love my 2010FFH Tuxedo Black, but hate seeing so many James Bond looking cars with Fusion nameplates. To quote Will Smith in Independence Day... I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE! Thought about it for a nano second and found Truecar website. Entered my desires ( only ones pertaining to autos) and ping, ping, ping my email started to respond. Received three quotes with guaranteed savings certificates. I called all three dealers and talked with them. One person stood out as genuinely interested in helping people get into cars. James Scheer at Yucca Valley Ford. Why so far away you ask? Because the local dealer sucks and has a very low customer satisfaction rating. But I digress. After a couple of calls with James, I told him what numbers I'd like to see and the next day he gave me numbers that were only slightly off what I wanted. Within a few minutes we worked it out and I ended up exactly where I wanted. No sales pressure at all! I'm picky about my cars so I ordered one from scratch. Had VIN# in two days. Assembly was finished on 3/11. The car is now on a train headed here. Estimated eta 3/24. 2014 FFHYTI. Tux black. Now I wait on pins and needles. Maybe I can rent a drone to track the train with a live feed!?

Did you trade your first FFH or keep it? I'm wondering how well it held its value.

Not as well as it did before the 13 model came out. Dropped about 3K from pre-delivery to when they were on the lots. Mine was about $21K and 3 months later, $18k. I dont know what they are now though.

Did you trade your first FFH or keep it? I'm wondering how well it held its value.

Trading the 2010. The best I could get from the dealer was $14k, but with 51k miles I'm not complaining. There's probably some wiggle room in their number, but I'm happy with the deal as a whole.

Wow thats even lower than what I got, mine had 44K on it. I got 17 for mine, though it was nearly a year ago.

Wow thats even lower than what I got, mine had 44K on it. I got 17 for mine, though it was nearly a year ago.

I have to go in to sign the contract next week and he wants to talk about an extended warranty. I'm guessing he'll bump up the trade value a little more at that point. I'm sure he left some extra room in his numbers. But I feel I got a good deal on the new car price so it doesn't bother me if the trade is a little low. I'll let you know the final number next week.

Extended warranty on your new FFH?

Check out the topics on this forum about extended warranty first so you are ready to sniff out any potential "special pricing" they wanna offer.

Oh yeah congrats on you new FFH

Extended warranty on your new FFH?

Check out the topics on this forum about extended warranty first so you are ready to sniff out any potential "special pricing" they wanna offer.

Oh yeah congrats on you new FFH

Been there, done that. I'm ready for 'em. I'm not a big fan of extended warranties anyway, but I'll listen to his pitch.

Thanks...the final week is hardest wait.

Check out GAP insurance though. Best $600 I ever spent.

Don't buy GAP insurance through the dealer though, it's cheaper to get it through your insurance company and you can get it at any time.

I put more than half the cost of the car down in cash so GAP insurance would be a waste of money in my case.

I have the FFH financed and gap insurance through my ins company is $12 a year. When it come due in June I will drop it as the car is almost paid for.

However you get it, GAP is well worth it. $600 is a hell of a lot cheaper than $7000+ which was the difference between what I owed and what Insurance paid on the Flex.

I've never had GAP. I pay cash for my cars, so it would be useless. Since I tend to keep cars for 6-8 years or more (still have the 2002 Exp ST), I don't feel like giving my money away to banks in interest charges. :)

Anyway, to get this thread Back On Topic...

Congrats on the new HyTi. I know from experience those pins and needles you are feeling. I also did not buy my Z from the local dealer due to the same reason as you. I drove 3 hours to a dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to purchase mine. :shift:

I was originally going to order mine through the Military New Car program and have it delivered. Their delivery timelines were much longer than my needed date, so I started looking on USAA's car buying program. Originally I found a dealer a few hours away that advertised the best price. However, after many attempts to get in touch with them through email (I'm in the Middle East currently), they failed to reply. I emailed two dealers in my home town at that point. One was the dealer that originally took me for a test drive. All I got from the was automated replies such as "thank you for your interest, please contact us and tell us what you are looking for". This was after I had spelled it out for them several times. In the end, I lucked out and the dealer that is 3 miles from my house is the one that took the time to contact me, and matched the best price I had received. I've been getting email updates every step of the way, and my car should be in North Carolina next week. Even if it's a little late, I don't get back to the states until early May, so I don't mind. I'm just excited about my new car.

One of the first purchases I will make is the Zaino show car wax, which I read about on this site. I was very impressed with the pictures that I've seen on here. If I can keep my car looking that perfect for $30, it will be money well spent.

I've also looked at after market items like the antennas, but I'm going to hold off until I get a feel for the car and see what I would like to change before I go crazy spending money. The pro-clip might be the only exception, if I decide I need it.

Update: ETA week came and went. Apparently car is stuck in Loma Linda holding facility. Dealer keeps saying "any day now". Had to go sign docs so I didn't lose rebate and incentives. Bought a new car and had to drive my old one ( now a loaner) back home. The pins and needles are turning into nails and tacks. Interesting that the car made it from Mexico to Loma Linda in less than a week, but can't seem to make it the last 62 miles to the dealer.

Next comes the restless sleepless nights...will it be tomorrow? Sigh.

Edited by GreenGene

It sounds like they don't have a full load for a car hauler going to your area.

Finally got the call that the car is at the dealership! 42 days from order to delivery... Not bad! They're prepping it and installing the illuminated door sills (I just had to add a little bling). I pick it up tomorrow. I'm thinking about hanging a "welcome home" banner on the garage door but my neighbors already think I'm a little off! Maybe I'll just polish the garage floor...

GreenGene:

I had a simular experience, the local dealer couldnt get close to a price I got 600 miles away. I contacted a car hauler on the net and got a price of $200, I called to book it and was told that the price is wrong they have been having problems with the web site, so I bought a plane ticket $200 after I got back I got an email saying do I still want to book the transpertation at $200. I dont know if it was really $200 or the $800 the told me over the phone. Anyway The best price I could get on a Fusion Hybrid without any added packages was $27200 from my 2 local dealers. I got it for $27332 from a dealer in Falls Church in W. VA. Not including tax. It had the sports package 502A I think, I didnt want it but it was already there, the backup camera and the Nav and the backup avoidence system. Im in Alabama. I had one dealer in Florida that got close but when I told him the price I got in Va he never emailed back untill after I had already bought the car and it was a generic email. I also had a dealer in Maryland that I worked with for 2 weeks but he couldnt get the idea of me paying taxes here instead of there They kept comming up with a higher % than it really is. I finally gave up.So I finally flew there and drove home last Thursday.

The closest dealer wouldnt discount it at all, they wanted list price. There is no Hybrids close, I had to drive 45 miles just to drive one.

Also that dealer allowed me to put $5000 an my charge card which is another $50 off paid for the return gas.

The salesman was the only one to call me and email me and show interest in really selling the car, there was no pressure at all and no arguments when I negotiated for price. Also when I picked it up the finance girl read me the extended warrenty even thoug I told her not interested, she said she had to try and sell it and I had to sign I was offered it.

Edited by larrylwill

42 days isn't bad at all! I ordered mine in mid-December 2013 with a promise of an 8-week delivery time, approximately mid-February. I called the dealership in mid January for a status update, and was told there was a delay in getting the order processed due to the holidays, so it would be eight more weeks. What? I did an internet search for a vehicle within 250 miles that had the exact equipment I wanted (SE, 505A Luxury Package, Luxury Driver Asst Package, MFT Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Reverse Sensing System - I did NOT want Navigation, Park Asst or Moonroof), and there were none. Everything either had more than I wanted or less than I wanted. So I agreed to wait the eight more weeks. Out of frustration, I almost cancelled the order and bought a VW Passat Diesel, but I knew I'd be pissed off with my decision every time I saw a Fusion on the road, so I got that idea out of my head. But instead of the additional eight week wait, the car was ready for pick-up on Feb 23rd, only about a week later than originally promised.

The dealer only offered me $2,500 on a trade-in on my 2007 Volvo S60, so I sold it privately for $10,000. After putting down the $10K, I waived the GAP insurance.

So be patient, Gene, you'll get your car soon enough, and you'll be thrilled with it once you get it.

Edited by djminfll

Update: picked it up today! As much as I loved my 2010 FFH, this one is far superior. I got 68.7 mpg on the 37 mile trip home from the dealer. I must confess that it's downhill most of the way. I can't wait to rack up some miles and see what my avg mpg is. Sorry this post is so short, but I have to go find another reason to go into the garage again...