IraF

Here we go again with Stupidity

Gee I hope they dont try to upgrade mine, its in for service today, though have not had a call from them yet.

Just because of this thread I looked at the website and it tells me that my sync version is out of date and that there is a newer (3.6.2) available for download.

Thanks, corncobs!

Kim

Here's what the update is supposed to do and it has to be done at the dealer::

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
  • Simplified graphics and improved usability
  • Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
  • Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

I installed that update myself last August using a USB memory stick.

The web site is broken and has reverted my car, and apparently everyone else's, data back to the day it was built.

Thanks for the info. For anyone who isn't sure if this update (V3.6.2) has already been installed, you can check from the screen of your MyFord Touch system. Press the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. Scroll down and the last 5 digits of the CCPU number should say: 13171. If you see a different number, it means your software is not up-to-date.

Kim

Mine is also showing as 3.5.1 and says there is an update available.

The sync site says mine has the 3.2.2. This is outdated info as I know my car came with 3.5 and was upgraded to 3.6.1. This is the issue I have with the site

You're all awesome. Thanks! I've passed along the info.

Kim

Gee were you in our Colo? We had an A side power failure that knocked a bunch of stuff down and caused general havoc for hours. :)

Sorry, acdii! I didn't mean to ignore you. I must have missed this the first time.

Does "our Colo" mean Colorado? If so, we're actually located in Michigan. Yesterday it was beautiful and sunny; today we had no power and a good amount of snow. I never know what to expect!

We haven't had any issues with the power since my original post, but I do want to let everyone know that the In-Vehicle Technology phone lines (normally open until 9:00 p.m. EST) are scheduled to close at 8:30 p.m. EST tonight. If you call after that, you may receive an automated message.

Just a heads up! :)

Kim

Hey Sleddog,

I'm exhausting all of my resources to make sure this gets resolved. Since I have your information already, I'll submit your last post as negative product feedback. I'll send a private message with your case number in case you would like me to add anything to the notes.

Kim

Well, I think I will hold off until the site is fixed before adding my MKT.

BTW Kim, Colo meant Colocation Facilities, AKA the NOC. :) Losing one side of power made for a VERY interesting afternoon of broken firewalls and servers.

Well, I think I will hold off until the site is fixed before adding my MKT.

BTW Kim, Colo meant Colocation Facilities, AKA the NOC. :) Losing one side of power made for a VERY interesting afternoon of broken firewalls and servers.

NOC as in Network Operations Center? I was just at our NOC an our ago. Busy, Busy!

NOC as in Network Operations Center? I was just at our NOC an our ago. Busy, Busy!

Yes.

Thanks for the info. For anyone who isn't sure if this update (V3.6.2) has already been installed, you can check from the screen of your MyFord Touch system. Press the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. Scroll down and the last 5 digits of the CCPU number should say: 13171. If you see a different number, it means your software is not up-to-date.

Kim

Thanks Kim, I checked my MKT, it has not been updated, its saying 12 something. I guess now is a good time to add it to the site since there is a high probability its correct.

WHOA, they REALLY screwed up that site. Not only is the MFT sync the wrong version, it also reverted to the old phone number, which was a PITA to get changed last time. I dont receive texts, and they send a text to deregister the phone.

My car insurance rate depends on me running a VHR within the next 9 days so State Farm can get the odometer reading.

With the web site screwed up I have no confidence State Farm will get the reading.

If they don't get the reading my rates will go up.

That is the only part of the website that displays correct information. I have to assume that info is in a different database than the sync version. I just sent a VHR and the site displays the correct mileage, although it still shows me with Sync Ver 3.5.1. :)

Edited by SteveB_TX