IraF

Here we go again with Stupidity

Kim,

Just logged into sync myride and for the third time I am informed that I have 3.5.1 version and it was working for quite a while indicating that I had 3.6.2, this morning I noticed maintenance and I knew trouble was coming. I am willing to bet that I am not the only one in this boat.

R&R the idiots running that database because it's obvious they haven't got a clue as to what's going on.

This thing needs to be fixed permanently or removed.

I concur. My SyncMyRide web page once again shows me at 3.5.1.

All history after April 1, 2013, my car's build date, is gone.

Edited by murphy

I was afraid to look - "don't look, Ethel!" It was too late...

Both mine are back to square one with latest update date matching each build date.

Ditto... Back to square one again.

During the 15 months I've owned this car the SYNC website has been wrong for 12 months.

Kind of amateurish.

I don't even bother looking at it anymore. The site is worse than the weatherman for accuracy.

Same here, it is always reporting inaccurate info, better to stay off that site. Not really what I would consider a confidence builder.

Called Ford this afternoon about syncmyride the problem and getting the correct version, I felt I was talking to a one dimensional object called "THE WALL" . sure Ford Listens

Edited by IraF

Called Ford this afternoon about syncmyride the problem and getting the correct version, I felt I was talking to a one dimensional object called "THE WALL" . sure Ford Listens

We need our Forum's Ford IVT team member to jump in here and solve this.

Kim are you there?

Hey everyone,

I'm here and I'm listening! If you've already sent me your personal information through a PM in the past, I'm working on opening a new escalation for each of you as we speak. To be more specific, I'm referring to murphy, jeff_h, and GrySql. I'll send a PM with your case number when I'm done.

JimArch, IraF, acdii, and hermans,

If you would like me to escalate this concern for you individually, I'll need your name, VIN, current mileage, and phone number. Please send a PM containing that information and link this thread (if you don't mind). I'll be happen to open a new escalation. The more instances we get reported, the better.

I know this is frustrating, but I'll make sure the issue is reported quickly and correctly.

Kim

Hey everyone,

I'm here and I'm listening! If you've already sent me your personal information through a PM in the past, I'm working on opening a new escalation for each of you as we speak. To be more specific, I'm referring to murphy, jeff_h, and GrySql. I'll send a PM with your case number when I'm done.

JimArch, IraF, acdii, and hermans,

If you would like me to escalate this concern for you individually, I'll need your name, VIN, current mileage, and phone number. Please send a PM containing that information and link this thread (if you don't mind). I'll be happen to open a new escalation. The more instances we get reported, the better.

I know this is frustrating, but I'll make sure the issue is reported quickly and correctly.

Kim

Kim,

You should have my info from the last time as well. If you need it again, let me know.

Jeff

Kim,

You should have my info from the last time as well. If you need it again, let me know.

Jeff

Same from the other Jeff - you did have my VINs from past PM thread and I see new case number, thanks Kim.

Again tried calling Ford on 3/12/2014@ 9:35AM "Sorry we are unable to take your call at this time, please try again later".???

Kim, SUPERB SERVICE from ford.

Kim if you ever reach intelligence, please make sure this ENTERTAINMENT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.

Again tried calling Ford on 3/12/2014@ 9:35AM "Sorry we are unable to take your call at this time, please try again later".???

Kim if you ever reach intelligence, please make sure this ENTERTAINMENT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.

Isn't this a bit harsh just because a version of sync isn't displayed correctly on the website?

I mean I understand that it should be corrected but what's your gain? I haven't looked at this website since I did the upgrade.

No it's not harsh, I can understand it happening once because we are all human and we all make mistakes, however after the THIRD TIME it's just plain STUPIDITY. The SECOND TIME I spoke to Nick personally(moderator of that site) on the phone and he assured me that it would never happen again and the database would be corrected permanently. This past Sunday I noticed maintenance happening with this site again and I knew trouble was coming from seeing past experiences.

I was always under the impression that if it works "LEAVE It ALONE" and if it's" BROKEN FIX IT" but I see these IT guys if you can call them that take the opposite approach. One learns something "NEW" every day.

If the site is not working properly FIX it or get RID of it.

When one does maintenance (and I am into computers) one makes sure it is done correctly, not slam blam half A_S.

Yes I know I could ignore it because I know I have V3.6.2, but again what is the purpose of that site if it's reporting nonsense?

It seems to me that after they do whatever they do, they never check their work completely before opening the website to the forum members. I could have my granddaughter do what they do right now and she's 11.

Edited by IraF

Isn't this a bit harsh just because a version of sync isn't displayed correctly on the website?

I mean I understand that it should be corrected but what's your gain? I haven't looked at this website since I did the upgrade.

I agree. Getting bent out of shape because a website displays erroneous information is not a reason to go ballistic (unless it is your financial institutions website :) ) . There are bigger issues in the world other than the sync site being wrong. Sheesh!

Edited by SteveB_TX

Wednesday, March 12 at 10:36 AM EDT

The Sync web site is still broken.

The problem is it's the same nonsense over and over where K=S which is known as the "Law of Constant Stupidity".

You would think somebody would look at this and "TAKE THE TIME" to figure this out because it's the same mistake over and over, is that asking too much?

Edited by IraF

The problem is it's the same nonsense over and over where K=S which is known as the "Law of Constant Stupidity".

You would think somebody would look at this and "TAKE THE TIME" to figure this out because it's the same mistake over and over, is that asking too much?

Well I am not getting quite that bent out of shape, but will note that this occurred to me back in early January and I was at the dealer to get a different TSB update applied to my car, and the tech came out and told me his system said I needed a Sync update (since the system was reflected incorrect data)... I had been following the issue closely on the forum so I told the tech no don't mess with it since the Ford IVT team was working on the issue and that I was already at the 3.6.2 version.

So while it would not have affected me a whole lot if I didn't know better (20 minutes or so until the car said sorry this update has already been applied), does Ford really want to pay their dealers to spend X hours updating systems that really didn't needed updating due to incorrect system data on their side?

Hey everyone,

As I was responding to this thread yesterday, we lost power in our building. The power just came back up, so the phone lines should be opening shortly. I can confirm that this is now a known issue and I'm waiting to hear back from one of our tech support team members for an estimated time of resolution. I'll update you guys (and gals) as soon as I know more.

Thanks for the shout out lraF. I know this is becoming frustrating. If I was able to fix it myself, you know I would.

The best thing I'm able to do from my position, is to make sure it's reported as quickly as possible. Thanks to the members of this forum, it was.

Kim,

Jeff

jeffo65,

I do have your information already. Thanks for reporting. I'll submit an escalation for your VIN and send you a PM with the case number. It's a little hectic in the office at the moment, so don't worry if you don't receive a message from me right away.

The same goes for you, JimArch. I received your PM. Keep an eye out for my response a little later.

Same from the other Jeff - you did have my VINs from past PM thread and I see new case number, thanks Kim.

Yours was already submitted with the first batch. I'll respond to your PM shortly. :)

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

Hey everyone,

Kim - please add me to the list. You should have my info already. If not, please PM me to let me know what else you need. Thank you for working hard to make sure that Ford is aware of the issue.

Hey folks,

I'm being asked for some clarification on this issue. I think you might be the right group to ask. :)

When you all first noticed this happening again, was the website also prompting you to download V3.6.2 or was it telling you that V3.5.1 was up-to-date?

Kim - please add me to the list. You should have my info already. If not, please PM me to let me know what else you need. Thank you for working hard to make sure that Ford is aware of the issue.

Thanks, hybridbear. I sent you a PM.

Hey everyone,

As I was responding to this thread yesterday, we lost power in our building. The power just came back up, so the phone lines should be opening shortly.

Kim

Gee were you in our Colo? We had an A side power failure that knocked a bunch of stuff down and caused general havoc for hours. :)

Hey folks,

I'm being asked for some clarification on this issue. I think you might be the right group to ask. :)

When you all first noticed this happening again, was the website also prompting you to download V3.6.2 or was it telling you that V3.5.1 was up-to-date?

Just because of this thread I looked at the website and it tells me that my sync version is out of date and that there is a newer (3.6.2) available for download.