DAS_FFH

poor gas tank utilization

First off, Ford designed the tank so that with the HVB you can fold the rear seats down for passthrough. Does Honda have this? I doubt they did it for weight savings, I believe Ford was going for more utility, and usefulness, which none of the other family hybrid sedans have/had. Also remember a Prius is designed from the wheels up to get high MPG. From the tire design to the shape of the body and every little thing added to it to make it as efficient as it is. The Fusion Hybrid is based off the Fusion gas model, which has more room, better handling and many more features than a Pruis. Considering the FFH gets twice the fuel efficiency of the non Hybrid models, thats pretty damned good technology!

Edited by acdii

And that is why those owners defend their cars so much, They be jealous of our Rollin! I owned one years ago, and entertained the notion last year when I had so many issues with Ford, that is until I opened the door and saw the spartan cabin with cheap recycled materials. I can't believe that was 7 years ago when I drove my first Hybrid.

I think I must be missing something here as I'm not getting the intense interest (obsession?) with running the tank to near empty and then force feeding your FFH with the greatest possible number of gallons when refueling. I'm currently averaging 45.2 MPG (actual) and 10 gallons lasts me way beyond my bladder capacity and rear end comfort limits.

Is this really a personal inconvenience or is it more of a challenge to hit some artificial goal for number of miles on a single tank of gas?

If I could regularly use 13 gals between fill-ups.... I would.

This, and having the fuel gauge actually read empty when it is empty. It is a 13.5 gallon tank, yet the gauge will have you believing its only 11. Now my Freestyle with 172K miles on it, when it says it used 13.4 gallons of gas, it used 13.4 gallons of gas. When planning out a trip, knowing how far you can actually go on a tank, can help with planning your stops.

When I drove the BD to Florida, that gauge was all over the place, so I stopped more often for gas than I needed to.

If I could regularly use 13 gals between fill-ups.... I would.

Your fuelly average is showing a very impressive 48.4 MPG which gives you a range of 532 miles on 11 gallons. I suspect that far exceeds the range achieved by average motorists and you are achieving very impressive results even for a FFH. No offense intended, but I am curious why you want to take your FFH down to 0.5 gallons left in the tank before refueling?

And what do you plan to DO with that extra hour a year of so that you will have saved ??

:arrive_alive:

Um, never mind. The best answer I could think of would probably get me banned!

Does it involve squeaking and moaning?

Actually that describes my car recently.