swingdj

Problem - Lane assist feature disappeared

Hello all -- been lurking for two months since I picked up my 2014 Hybrid Titanium. Thank you all for sharing so much helpful information (and some useless stuff, too)!

For seven weeks, the Lane Assist was active and working. A few days ago it disappeared from the left side information screen. Before, when I turned the car on, the gray lines and car would pop up and then it would be active at 40+ MPH. Now there's nothing there at any speed.

I went into Settings on the left side menu and went to Lane Assist -- it's on. And it's on Alert + Aid. After checking that, it still didn't show up. So I turned it off and then back on and it's still not there.

I cannot find anything in the Manual under troubleshooting. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sean M.

You have to push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk to turn Lane Assist on. It does not come on by itself, at least in my 2013.

Thanks for the reply, Murphy. From reading another post, it sounds like the '13s require you to turn it on. In the '14s, it comes on automatically. My '14 did just that for the first month and a half, then it somehow shut off and disappeared.

Thanks for the reply, Murphy. From reading another post, it sounds like the '13s require you to turn it on. In the '14s, it comes on automatically. My '14 did just that for the first month and a half, then it somehow shut off and disappeared.

Can you get it to come back on by pushing the button on the turn signal stalk?

This is some info right out of the 2014 Fusion hybrid owners manual page 194

Press the button located on the

left steering wheel stalk to

switch the system on or off.

also

Troubleshooting

Why is the feature not available (line markings are gray) when I can see the lane markings

on the road?

Vehicle speed is outside the operational range of the feature (will not work under 40 mph)

Sun is shining directly into the camera lens

Quick intentional lane change

Staying too close to the lane marking

Driving at high speeds in curves

Previous feature activation happened within the last one second

Ambiguous lane markings (mainly in construction zones)

Rapid transition from light to dark or vice versa

Sudden offset in lane markings

ABS or AdvanceTrac activation

Camera blockage due to dirt, grime, fog, frost or water on the windshield

Driving too close to the vehicle in front of you

Transitioning between no lane markings to lane markings or vice versa

Standing water on the road

Faint lane markings (partial yellow lane markings on concrete roads)

Lane width too narrow or too wide

Camera not calibrated after a windshield replacement

Driving on tight roads or on uneven roads

Edited by gmarshall

Can you get it to come back on by pushing the button on the turn signal stalk?

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle -- that did it. I forgot that was there on that stalk, must have hit it by accident. I feel a little silly now, but greatly appreciate the help!

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle -- that did it. I forgot that was there on that stalk, must have hit it by accident. I feel a little silly now, but greatly appreciate the help!

Here's your sign! :ohsnap:

it is very easy to accidentally turn on or off when using the turn signals, especially if you are wearing gloves. I did the same thing when I first drove the car and kept flipping through the menus trying to turn it back on while the not seeing the button. It did help familiarize me with the rest of the menu items in settings.

I forget my car has it and wonder why the hell the car is acting funny then realize it was turned on.

it is very easy to accidentally turn on or off when using the turn signals, especially if you are wearing gloves. I did the same thing when I first drove the car and kept flipping through the menus trying to turn it back on while the not seeing the button. It did help familiarize me with the rest of the menu items in settings.

and that's one of the main reasons I held out for the heated steering wheel. I hate driving with gloves on in any car. Operating the controls in the Fusion that are already a little finicky with just your fingers, with gloves on would probably make my blood pressure rise.

heated steering wheel =WIN! Have it in my MKT, and oh boy is it nice on a cold morning!

On the MKT the lane keeping button is down on the center console, and took me a couple times to remember that. I wound up washing my windshield instead of turning on LKA.

Mine stopped showing the lines this week. I was about to take to dealer. Had not looked in manual as I had always controlled with button on left side of steering wheel. Glad I found this forum. Must have bumped stalk as well. I only use alert. I do not like the shaking the steering wheel alert.

Mine stopped showing the lines this week. I was about to take to dealer. Had not looked in manual as I had always controlled with button on left side of steering wheel. Glad I found this forum. Must have bumped stalk as well. I only use alert. I do not like the shaking the steering wheel alert.

Same here

I lost it and then re-found it after a day of "WTF?"

Once again I found myself repeating the mantra "RTFM"

I even have the manual on my tablet so its available for easy reference.

Hah! Just purchased a (used) 2017 Hybrid. See it "on" in the menu, set to aid + alert, still nothing on instrument cluster. I'll try it in a few hours when I leave work. I too was unaware of a stalk mounted physical switch.