billford

Extended Warranty and Maintenance Plan

On my 2014 FFH, I plan to get the 7 year Premium Care extended warranty plan, because of all the electronics and I plan to keep the car.

I am not sure about getting the maintenance plan. The 7 year maintenance plan includes 14 service visits.

Does anyone have the maintenance plan? Do you think it was worth it?

I looked at the Maintenance Plan and decided against it as too costly. I have a friend that has a car repair shop and he does my scheduled maintenance much cheaper than Ford.

I also think the maintenance plan is costly.

The maintenance plan covers engine belts (the 2014 FFH does not have an engine belt), bulbs (excludes headlight bulbs or led lights), brakes/rotors (can't see the FFH going through brakes and rotors with regen braking), air filter (easy to change yourself), cabin filter ( seen how to do it on utube), shocks ( not sure how often they need changing on late model vehicles, my old car had 30 year old shocks)

Basically, the cost would be for oil changes, coolant, trans fluid, wipers, spark plugs.

I think that the fluid changes and wipers would be cheaper to get replaced without getting the plan...but I could be wrong...

The FFH doesn't call for replacing spark plugs until 100k plus miles. It also doesn't call for changing the eCVT fluid until then. And I think the first coolant interval isn't until somewhere around there as well. Since oil changes are suggested at 10k mile intervals, you wouldn't get many oil changes out of it either. The FFH won't need brake rotors/pads until 100k plus miles for most owners. If you have a high brake score you could possibly go 150k-200k miles without replacing brakes.

You could potentially do much of that maintenance sooner, and I probably will do some of those things sooner, but I doubt that the Ford plan would pay for you to do extra maintenance.

Ditto. Since the maintenance plan is almost always an across the board sell by the dealer, the amount they sell it for does not come close to what the FFH maintenance would cost if you do it smartly. I declined (though I tried talking them down from their price) and am SO HAPPY that I did once I settled in and read the maintenance requirements. As hybridbear states above, this car has very little maintenance compared to other non-hybrid/Fusion cars in the years (and # visits) that the maintenance plan would cover.

Thank you for posting that 12k mile fact, I was going to wait just a little longer, but im at 11,2k so, thanks!

My last experience with a Ford ESP Warranty on my Expedition paid me back 5 fold.

The last and final $1,200 warranty repair at 97,000miles was icing on the cake.

If we were talking about a Kia Soul or Toyota Corolla an extended warranty may not be justified, but we're not.

This FFH is one of the most technological and complicated vehicles in it's category.

I expect to drive my FFH well past the basic Ford Warranty period and believe buying an ESP Warranty is prudent planning, I just bought mine this week.

For anyone thinking of purchasing an extended warranty there is a Surcharge if your car has over 12,000 miles. Meaning, it costs less if you buy before 12k miles.

I looked at the Maintenance Plan and decided against it as too costly. I have a friend that has a car repair shop and he does my scheduled maintenance much cheaper than Ford.

My dealership has a powertrain for life program, but it requires you to get an Oil change every 6k miles even though the FFH only needs one every 10k, sort of a shady tactic if you ask me.

Well, ordered my premium care ESP off of Flood today. $100 deductible, 7 yr 125k miles. I have 11k miles already, and bought my FFH used :). $1580 was my price. I feel good about it, all that tech can't last last forever, that's why I bought it.

Anyone who purchased the ESP from flood ford, how can you check if your coverage is active? I received my "contract" via email, but nothing else, was wondering what others have seen.

All you have to do to confirm if your ESP is active is to go to this Ford ESP link below (easy to google too with "ford esp"; first link), and proceed to search for the price of the ESP plan you would like (or already have), and it will ask for your VIN. Once you plug in the VIN, it will say you already have a plan if your VIN is in the ESP computer system.

BTW, I did get mine for a really good price through FloodFordESP.com.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPage

If you already have an ESP, it will say something like this:

Our records indicate you have existing ESP coverage on your vehicle. Please contact your dealer with any questions you may have concerning your service contract.

The Ford ESP site above gave me this message above within a day or two of purchasing my ESP from FloodFordESP.com.

I guess mine isnt in it as I got all the way to entering the name fields and no message.

Did you have to put your name info in to get that?

OK I have to contact my dealer then since I bought a 4 year 125K mile ESP and I did not get that notice when I got to step 3.