acdii

I Iced, I mean, Washed My Girl today

This was the first day where it was above 0 and the car wash was working, so I took it in. Amazing how quickly the mirrors turn to a block of ice while being washed. The car looks so much better now. I feel better that I got at least some of the salt off the car now and can tell that it is Black and not gray.

Next news release and update from our Fearless Mod is that the cold being endured last week has now become pneumonia! And yes the car is still clean. :)

Nah, you're still suffering from the cold and its making you too sensitive. Grab a Kleenex and go admire your clean car.

That Zaino does do a good job, the car cleaned up very nice and is still pretty smooth even though it was a touchless wash. Can't wait until we get a nice warm day so I can give the entire car a once over. It needs it badly, the kids made a mess in the back with their boots, al over the backs of the seats. The front floors are a mess too, thankfully the husky's caught 98% of the dirt, but some got splashed between the sill and mat. This spring, a couple more coats of Z should protect her for another year.

The factory floor mats just don't cut it in this winter weather, and the black carpet really shows the salt. I just ordered a set of Husky mats from Amazon. They were $115 with free shipping. When I went to check out, in showed that I had a $50 gift certificate credit I didn't know about, so I got them for $65.

Can you fit the factory mats inside of the husky liners?

I ordered splash guard's yesterday, I'll need to give the credit card a rest for a few days. When the weather gets nice, I'll have a couple of projects. I still need to test my spare tire and fit the jack into the trunk.

I have the Husky's in both cars. I would not recommend placing any mat under them. They are designed to fit best when they are flat on the carpet. Are you aware of all the unintended acceleration issues when placing floor mats on top of factory mats?

I have the Husky's in both cars. I would not recommend placing any mat under them. They are designed to fit best when they are flat on the carpet. Are you aware of all the unintended acceleration issues when placing floor mats on top of factory mats?

Yes, that's why I was asking if you could place the factory mats inside (on top of) the husky liners. The factory mats don't cover much of the floor and look as if they shouldn't interfere with the gas pedal.

Yes, that's why I was asking if you could place the factory mats inside (on top of) the husky liners. The factory mats don't cover much of the floor and look as if they shouldn't interfere with the gas pedal.

I took the mats out of my car and bagged them up and stored them in the garage. When I sell or trade the cars the cars will have new factory mats. I hope mat stacking works out for you.

Dont, the mat will slide around and could get trapped under the pedals. Besides why muck up the carpet mats? When you want to go somewhere in style, just remove the husky's and put the factory in, they will be nice and clean that way. Mine are under the cargo carryall I have on my battery shelf. Nice and safe, and they help keep a grip on the carrier.