Maryland_Driver

Horrible buying experence followed by ordering a custom Fusion. Is this normal?

For those of you who have ordered a car from the factory before did you sign/commit to a purchase order? Did it cover price and options? Is this experience normal for trying to buy/build a car?

I have placed several retail orders and the only thing I've signed up front was the form to note the model/trim/color/options so they had proof that YES they ordered what I wanted.

The above situation sounds like suspicious to me like they are taking you for a ride, maybe they sense that you have new car fever and will give in to whatever, and you haven't even made it to the finance guy that will try and sell you an extended warranty with a "special going on right now" price.

I will send you a PM, we bought my wife's car at one MD dealer last year and my car at another MD dealer, I doubt you were at one of these dealers (at least I hope!).

That's my thought. I assume that they're taking me for a ride so I'm looking at everything really suspiciously. I'm planning on getting my waranty from http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/ and I've got my credit union financing ready to go.

I checked the price of the 4yr/125k plan as I just bought one a few days ago for the car I bought a couple months ago... the above site lists $1,270 as the price, I just got mine from floodfordesp.com for $1,155

That's my thought. I assume that they're taking me for a ride so I'm looking at everything really suspiciously. I'm planning on getting my waranty from http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/ and I've got my credit union financing ready to go. Since I'm not looking for clearcoat, scotchguard, or pinstriping I'm not planning on paying any extra from now on (but I could be really naive in that statement)

Thanks for all of the replies.

I checked the price of the 4yr/125k plan as I just bought one a few days ago for the car I bought a couple months ago... the above site lists $1,270 as the price, I just got mine from floodfordesp.com for $1,155

Some plan configurations _are_ cheaper at Troy than at Flood, possibly due to different parameters plugged into their price generators, or cuz of different plan options.

For PremiumCARE, $0 deductible, 7yr/60k, No first-day rental:

Flood: $900

Troy: $835

Some plan configurations _are_ cheaper at Troy than at Flood, possibly due to different parameters plugged into their price generators, or cuz of different plan options.

Troy: $835

My mistake, Troy is sneaky and has a hidden adder for the $0 deductible ($290). So the comparison for this specific plan configuration is really:

Troy: $1125

This makes me think that Flood may very well have the better deals on _all_ of the plan configurations. Plus the Flood website (http://floodfordesp.com) presents all of the plan prices in easy-to-compare tables.

I also enjoy the buying process...maybe I can start a side business buying cars for ppl who hate the process...

Some businesses already exist that do that. I heard about them when I was looking into getting my car. They charge a flat fee (usally a few hundred, I think). It doesn't speak very highly of the car dealing profession that they are middlemen who are so unpleasant to deal with that people would hire another middleman to deal with them.

With my dealer he only went to the finance office to work up numbers since they had access to my current records. They worked on different cars that were out there to see what they could do. This was all when I had the BD. Prior to that, what I did was sent an email, here is what I can see them selling for at invoice, here is what I would like to buy it for, can you do it, yes or no, and they came back yes. I was happy, they were happy and deals were made. I never had to bicker, wheel or deal with them, the other dealers I worked with(except Toyota in Elgin), it was painful, and I didnt get that good feeling when I left that I get with my current dealer. When I bought the Prius and Camry, The Prius was the only one, and they were selling hot, and NO one was dealing on them, but financing was super low so it was an easy deal. The TCH, I sent them an email, can you sell it for this much, with tax title license, no extras, this is what the price is, and they said yes, and I was happy there too. Irony is both of them were silver.

I hate silver cars, never again.

Its funny but when I was shopping to the first FFH all I could find were silver ones. Needless to say I found one of the rarest colors in the FFH instead. That deep dark green.