GrySql

Air Intake w/Resonator installation

Should have mine in a couple of days. I was at my dealer yesterday, waiting for my Mustang to be serviced. I happened to be reading some posts here, and looked up the part #. I don't mind a little growl when I accelerate to merge, but I hope this tube helps some in town.

More later after I put it on.

Stay cool in this heat!

Got it today, and MAN! was that an easy mod. Took maybe 3 minutes.

It helps enough to be noticed, that is a decent price too.

Refer to previous observations in this thread.

I bought one and replaced it last week.

So far, I think the car is quieter at low speed and low acceleration. Also, when gunning the engine it does seem that the growl sound is a bit softer.

All in all, I think this was a good thing to do.

Bought one in January. Still have not found the three minutes to install. Lovely wife annoyed that it is STILL in the trunk. Maybe chatter on this thread will motivate me.

Just ordered this for $41.00 USD to be sent to my PO box just across the border.

Thank god I hoarded a significant amount of USD (well not that significant, but enough to cover say a 2 week vacation with lots of shopping) back in 2011 when $1 CAD gave me as much as $1.10 USD, otherwise I'd essentially pay a 27% tax at the current exchange rate.

Edited by machoman1337

I must say I was a bit disappointed, in that I was expecting a very noticeable difference. There is some, but not much. I think the noise is an issue that Ford has addressed in the current model, but it is louder than I would like, even with the new part.

I must say I was a bit disappointed, in that I was expecting a very noticeable difference. There is some, but not much. I think the noise is an issue that Ford has addressed in the current model, but it is louder than I would like, even with the new part.

If you want quieter... by a Lincoln! ;)

If you want quieter... by a Lincoln! ;)

Must be a lot more sound deadening material in the MKZh passenger cabin, it has the same updated Engine air intake tube for the Atkinson motor as the later FFH's.

You have each Steve, how much difference is there in the 'growl' from the Atkinson when you accelerate?

post-11309-0-77300100-1427899736_thumb.png

Must be a lot more sound deadening material in the MKZh passenger cabin, it has the same updated Engine air intake tube for the Atkinson motor as the later FFH's.

You have each Steve, how much difference is there in the 'growl' from the Atkinson when you accelerate?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-04-01 at 7.47.01 AM.png

Yes, the MKZh is notability quieter than the FFH and it has to be the sound proofing. When my wife gets into the FFH she makes comments about the noise, but then she drives the MKZh all the time so she really can tell the difference.

Edited by hermans

The difference is night and day. The FFH does not have the new intake tube, so it is really loud. I believe the Z not only has more sound deadening, but the windshield and front windows are thicker than the FFH. I'm not sure what that process is called... Extra lamination or something like that. :)

The difference is night and day. The FFH does not have the new intake tube, so it is really loud. I believe the Z not only has more sound deadening, but the windshield and front windows are thicker than the FFH. I'm not sure what that process is called... Extra lamination or something like that. :)

Heavier materials and generally superior soundproofing all around. That is what allows higher-end luxury cars like the Lexus LS to sound almost as quiet as an electric car when cruising.

I just stopped procrastinating and made a trip across the border to pick up my air intake tube from my PO box. It's finally installed once and for all, and the results are satisfying!

This is confirmed to work on the 2013 models right?? Just ordered one for $30

Yes, I have a 2013 Job 1 model (original registration date August 2012) and it worked. Easiest vehicle modification ever and took me less than 2 minutes.

Actually your right on both accounts. The resonator reduces sound and improves fresh air flow into the engine.

What it does is reduces the air pressure in the intake tube by allowing the air that is back flowing from your engine to move into the chamber as well. It lowers the pressure in the tube thus allowing fresh air to move forward more freely. The side effect is that the lower air pressure reduces the noise of the backflow so you don't get the boom. Imagine a sinus cold and that feeling you get when you go from stuffy to being able to breath normal again.

Installed the updated Air Intake w/Resonator two weeks, seems to reduce almost eliminate that deep growl sound from engine when you start to accelerate with the ICE. good mod, makes for more pleasant ride....

Yes, this thread is several years old. So is the intake w/ resonator that was in the trunk until last Sunday. Yes, a 2 minute install, and yes, it makes a noticeable difference. Wish I didn't wait years to install it.

Without any of the pictures working I cannot even see what it looks like.  Where did you order it from?  The main purpose is to just quiet the engine correct? Are there any other affects such as to performance?

On 2/20/2020 at 5:48 PM, Sky14FFH said:

Without any of the pictures working I cannot even see what it looks like.  Where did you order it from?  The main purpose is to just quiet the engine correct? Are there any other affects such as to performance?

Here is a picture of the intake resonator. Lincoln MKZ is the same as a Fusion Energi. Or Fusion Hybrid.

post-11309-0-77300100-1427899736_thumb.png

Can't find one for less than $60 shipped.  gkinla your picture still won't enlarge but I see one above and see what it looks like now. So this reduces the affect of the 'induction roar'?

Edited by Sky14FFH
removed errored formatting

What's odd is I swear I didn't used to have this intake with the resonator on it, now I do.  Do you think the dealer swapped them out during a "recall"?