GrySql

Air Intake w/Resonator installation

I'm still waiting for my new air intake. It's been on backorder for a month. :(

I knew I'd have to wait when I ordered it though.

As far as warranty claims go, if there is a service bulletin, or TSB, on a particular item or concern, it can be covered under warranty provided the service manager claims it under the exact cause of the SB or TSB. The seats in my MKT are a good example, I had dropped a bag of corn down just from a few inches and the floor broke in half. On this one I was expecting to have to either pay to repair it, or repair it myself. I was fully prepared to repair it myself, but when my SM called me regarding something I asked for Corncobs, I asked if there was a service bulletin regarding the floors breaking. He called me back an hour later saying there was, and that he ordered not one, but both floor parts, and replaced them both on Thursday.

It is totally up to the dealership's Service manager on whether or not to pursue a warranty claim. It also helps if you are a long standing customer of that dealer.

I installed my new air intake two days ago. It definitely helps quiet the rough sound of the ICE. Two thumbs up, fine holiday fare.

I mangled the "Clueless" quote: the correct version is "two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Fine holiday fun." My daughters would be horrified at my movie gaffe, but I stand by the review of the air intake.

I installed mine this past Saturday morning then took the car to visit my family up in the mountains on Sunday. At low RPM's (2000 or less) it maybe had an effect, but going up the mountains I'm regularly at 4000 RPM's and didn't notice a difference in noise. I think the pitch is lower, which maybe makes it harder for some people to hear? To me it's just as loud as before or as C0recollector said, there's not a statistically significant difference.

Oh well, for $45 it was worth a shot.

These resonators are useful at the frequency ( ICE RPM ) that they are tuned for. They can have a big effect over a small range or a lesser effect over a wider range depending on the design. The 3 db effect reported is not insignificant.

Installed my new air intake tube with resonator on my March 2013 built SE Hybrid. I don't notice much of a noise improvement. I'll be interested to see if my service tech notices it the next time I bring the car in.