GrySql

Air Intake w/Resonator installation

If I could figure out the dimensions and internals of this resonator.

I'd get one whipped up on a 3D printer.

Then bolt it on my existing air intake.

Probably cost less too.

I see both sides of this argument...I don't know that I would call a request to replace the old-style intake with the resonator one "dishonest". It's not like someone went out and broke their current intake to request a replacement, that would be dishonest. Perhaps you could call in unethical, or trying to take advantage of the system.

But at the same time, it would really suck to have a hybrid built at the end of April without this intake when cars built 1 or 2 weeks later have it. And when Fusion Energis built 2-3 months earlier have it. And, considering that LASooner didn't suggest this, I don't think we should judge him. However, Ford hasn't put out a TSB about this to our knowledge. If his service department reports back that there is a TSB where Ford is willing to swap these intakes on their dime for owners who have complained of an "unpleasant noise", then I don't think we should criticize ppl who decide to pursue that option.

B25Nut - you can remember how many ppl came to the Forum early on commenting about the loud, grumbling roar of the ICE in the FFH. It's likely that they didn't just come here to complain, but also complained to dealerships loudly enough that Ford found a solution. Ultimately it's up to Ford to decide how much to give their customers. And, while they might not publicize this like they did with the PCM upgrade, if they issue a TSB calling for dealers to replace intakes if someone complains of an "unpleasant noise" from the ICE, then let Ford replace them under warranty. Unless you're a Ford stockholder, I wouldn't be too concerned about their profits, they'll be fine.

Ford does seem to be more proactive about satisfying customer concerns than other manufacturers. The version of Entune that came installed in our Prius from the factory had a bug in the software which would sometimes cause music to start playing on its own through bluetooth audio or a USB connected device. I had read a thread on PriusChat about this and knew that a new version of Entune had been released before we took delivery of our car. So, why was our car not upgraded? Because Toyota will only allow dealers to perform the update if the owner complains of the specific bug which is fixed in the update. When I brought the Prius in for the 5k mile free service, I requested that they also update Entune to the newest version. The SA put in my VIN and said that I wasn't eligible for any updates. I had to pull up the thread on PriusChat on my phone to prove to him that there even was a new version of Entune. Then he said they could do it. About 15 minutes later he came over to me in the waiting room and asked "Why do you want the Entune upgrade?" I asked what he meant. He said, "What's wrong with your car that we should give you the updated Entune?" So then I told him that we're having the issue with the BT/USB audio starting on its own. He said, "Toyota will only allow us to perform the update when the customer complains about the specific issue that this update fixes." Be glad that Ford doesn't take this approach to customer service.

So the rumors I heard seem to be coming true.