GrySql

Air Intake w/Resonator installation

I got my intake from my local dealer ($43) on Thursday and installed it on Saturday. Thanks HB for noticing the change in the intake, and thanks GS for letting us know how easy it is to install. When doing the installation, have a flash light ready so that you can confirm the tabs are in their slots. My FFH is definitely quieter, and when the ICE is heard, it is a more pleasant sound.

Since we are seeing the beginning of spring here, I've been getting great mileage. My Engage display clicked over to 42.3 mpg this weekend. I see many drives at 50+ mpg and my overall average for the past two months has been 43.5 mpg with most of the time spent between 65-72 mph.

I got the prime parking spot next to the front door at Trader Joe's yesterday and immediately a couple was starring at my FFH. He asked "Is that a Focus?" Nope, a Fusion. "Yeah, that's right. Great looking car!" Of course it probably looked even better since the parking lot was loaded with Prius's. My guess is that his first exposure to the Fusion was from the Super Bowl commercials. He was having a long conversation with his wife after this encounter.

We were walking to our car Saturday night after dinner and the car was running, while my wife was clearing snow off and some guys were walking up the sidewalk and said nice tail lights! I know they were referring to the car since my wife was on the other side and her tail wasn't lit. :)

We were walking to our car Saturday night after dinner and the car was running, while my wife was clearing snow off and some guys were walking up the sidewalk and said nice tail lights! I know they were referring to the car since my wife was on the other side and her tail wasn't lit. :)

Whenever I see a Prius lately it just reminds me of how good looking our Fusions are. Especially compared to the Prius.

I love being able to start mine remotely, and enjoy the lighting that accompanies that.

Back to the topic...is anyone else looking to get the air intake tube with the resonator?

Sorry to hear that but who in their right mind would order one in the first place?

Just us....

The Forum strikes again!! ;)

I'm sure that when Ashley tells Ford that a lot of us early model '13 owners on this Forum want one Ford will start crankin' them out.

Edited by GrySql

If the C-Max owners get cash back, why can't we get free intakes w/ chambers? Lol

Still haven't ordered mine yet, too busy enjoying the weather on the bike and tearing apart another engine's innards.

I drove the wife's MKZh while she is out of town....shhhhh don't tell her. I wanted to compare the vehicles that now have the resonator air intake and found the Lincoln is still a bit quieter and I attribute that to the extra padding in the MKZh. The FFH is much quieter at the lower end RPMs than it was. Ford had to have alot of complaints for them to make the change.

If the C-Max owners get cash back, why can't we get free intakes w/ chambers? Lol

Still haven't ordered mine yet, too busy enjoying the weather on the bike and tearing apart another engine's innards.

I doubt you would want to ride in the weather we had here this morning! Yuck is an understatement. Woodstock had at least 2" of heavy wet snow fall so fast the plows couldn't get the roads clear. There was 4" o fhtat crap by my house, and I parked the Fusion in the garage and took the Flex instead.

Oh what fun it is to drive in my AWD Flex. I got to play this morning in the slushy snow, poor little Prius got a face full of the yuck too. I saw another one nose down in a ditch, that car isnt going anywhere soon.

Hi everyone,

If you're trying to get this part and unable to because of a backorder, send me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll get you in touch with your customer service manager, who can look into some options for you.

Ashley

I, along with GrySql bought ours from Levittown Ford for about $42.00 including shipping. Two local Ford dealers wanted $48.+, See post #1 in this thread.

Edited by hermans

Hi everyone,

If you're trying to get this part and unable to because of a backorder, send me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll get you in touch with your customer service manager, who can look into some options for you.

Ashley

Ford corporate just needs to tell the manufacturer to make more faster - problem solved ;)

Back to the topic...is anyone else looking to get the air intake tube with the resonator?

I am for sure.

My HyTi built 4/24/13 does not have it.

You are getting very close to the build date of my MKZh that has the resonator.

I would guess the MKZ probably took priority over Fusions because it's the "luxury" brand, so there's probably Fusions built after yours that still don't have it

Edited by LASooner

You are getting very close to the build date of my MKZh that has the resonator.

My HyTi built 4/24/13 does not have it.

MKZh models had the chamber as of March. Fusion Energis have been built with it all the way back to February. See this post for the most recent data. I added LASooner to the chart because his car is the latest HyTi without the chamber and someone suggested that perhaps SE models and Ti models got the chamber at different times.

I ordered the new tube from Levittown's website. I got a call in 5 minutes from Mike to let me know it's on backorder. I'm ok waiting, so I confirmed the wait list. Total with delivery will be about $43. Great customer service so far.

I ordered the new tube from Levittown's website. I got a call in 5 minutes from Mike to let me know it's on backorder. I'm ok waiting, so I confirmed the wait list. Total with delivery will be about $43. Great customer service so far.

They are quite the hot item now.

They should order a large quantity and make an $40 offer to all those interested here on the forum.

I definitely want one.

They should order a large quantity and make an $40 offer to all those interested here on the forum.

I definitely want one.

At Levittown Ford they are $28.00 the rest is shipping. I checked two local dealers and they were $48.00.