KLH

FFH - Sensors and Traction Control Goes Out?

It's cold in Boston; yesterday it snowed. This morning it was 15*. Anyways, when I started out on my 60 mile commute, my garaged '13 FFH SE displayed several warnings:

* Sensors are inoperable

* Drivers assist is inoperable

* ACC is inoperable

* Parking assist is inoperable

* Traction control is inoperable

* Hill assist is inoperable

* Low fuel (~1/8 of a tank) - I knew this.

After all of these warnings and realizing that none should affect the ability to drive the car, I decided to proceed on my 60 mile commute to work. As warned, the ACC wouldn't work when I tried. I also saw on the Information page (on left pane of console) that there are two warnings. At around 50 miles in, I decided to actually get some gas - because aiming for 500 miles isn't as important as running out of gas. (For the record, I was at 485 miles and had 9 miles before hitting empty.)

After filling up (13 gallons, $45), I restarted my commute... but noticed that ACC was now available. I checked the Information page - 0 warnings. Whaaa?

So after getting to work, I looked on the forum to see if others had encountered this. I was able to find this post - which is basically what happened to me, but then the car fixed itself.

Now I don't know what to think. I'm at 7k miles, so it's time for a check up anyway.

The ones I've seen were two times last week experienced the 'cross traffic sensor fault' on days when it was probably 10-15 degrees and lots of salt/slush on the road too. Weather warmed up last Friday and finally got to wash the car and haven't seen it come back on.

Yesterday morning had steady rain with a bunch of road spray from surrounding cars and got warnings that adaptive cruise and collision avoidance were not available, which makes sense as the road spray was definitely messing up the radar... when the traffic and weather got a little better, it was then fine again.

You were able to get 13 gallons in your tank?

Yep. No problem. Yes, it took a while - about 10 "clicks" beyond the first "click" when the pump stops pumping.

There's been no issues in the past 3 days since I posted.

The FFH is a complex system of parts; I'm going to mark this one up to happenstance.