Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Fusion Hybrid Transmission Leaking

Transmission Hybrid

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,829 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

That TSB pdf referenced in post # 34 is certainly a clever forgery.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,505 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

My experience with my dealer is that if I want anything other than an oil change or a tire rotation they call the "Hot Line" and get instructions on what to do.

#43 OFFLINE   Ram

Ram

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 94 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

I also found my transmission leaking when doing first oil change on my 2014 FFH SE, and my car's build date is 1/17/2014. 

So now how does the TSB apply? 

From my build sheet of my car it does not specify the transmissions actual build date that of the TSB, and I have now way of knowing if mine being an HF-35 automatic transmission was or not built on or before 12/1/2013.  

It is possible my transmission meets the requirements for TSB 14-0085 I don't see every assembly and sub-assembly being built and assembled on the car's birth date.

Question I have is there a way to find out if my transmission does meet the requirements for the TSB? 

IF so how do I check it out?

I don't want to spend any more time at the dealership than needed.  I'm not overly pleased with them at all.  

edit to correct the car build date from 19th to 17th rechecked etis.

Edited by Ram, 19 July 2014 - 07:57 PM.

298401.png

#44 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I also found my transmission leaking when doing first oil change on my 2014 FFH SE, and my car's build date is 1/19/2014. 

So now how does the TSB apply? 

From my build sheet of my car it does not specify the transmissions actual build date that of the TSB, and I have now way of knowing if mine being an HF-35 automatic transmission was or not built on or before 12/1/2013.  

It is possible my transmission meets the requirements for TSB 14-0085 I don't see every assembly and sub-assembly being built and assembled on the car's birth date.

Question I have is there a way to find out if my transmission does meet the requirements for the TSB? 

IF so how do I check it out?

I don't want to spend any more time at the dealership than needed.  I'm not overly pleased with them at all.  

I guess the best thing would be to bring the car in and let them know that you discovered that your transmission is leaking. As murphy stated above, the dealer has to get direction from the Ford hotline which should approve the TSB repair even though your build date is after the TSB cutoff. The TSB build date refers to the car build date.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#45 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

The dealership tells me that they don't find any leaks. I changed oil at 4500 miles and discovered the leak. I wiped off all the fluid that was on the underside of the case. The car now has about 7600 miles and they claim there is no evidence of a leak. They've asked me to come by the dealership tomorrow morning to show the technician where the leak is. It was pretty obvious to me, the entire length of the transmission seal had pink fluid on it...

This dealership experience is not going well...

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#46 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

I went today and they told me that if it's "just seeping and not dripping" that they won't fix it because having transmission fluid seep out of a brand new car is "acceptable". I replied that there's a TSB about this issue so apparently Ford doesn't think it's acceptable.

The technician had not even removed the underbody shield but had just shined his flashlight in there and determined that there was no issue.

Edited by hybridbear, 01 August 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#47 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

I went today and they told me that if it's "just seeping and not dripping" that they won't fix it because having transmission fluid seep out of a brand new car is "acceptable". I replied that there's a TSB about this issue so apparently Ford doesn't think it's acceptable.

The technician had not even removed the underbody shield but had just shined his flashlight in there and determined that there was no issue.

This is crazy they should have their a$$ handed over by Ford. I would be furious...
  • Sleddog likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#48 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

This is crazy they should have their a$$ handed over by Ford. I would be furious...

At first when I arrived to show them the technician had a visibly bad attitude about it. You could tell by his body language & comments that he was thinking "here's another whiner complaining about every little thing". However, as I showed him the issues and we went through the list his attitude seemed to change. I was calm throughout the whole ordeal & I tried to be very careful in how I phrased things so as not to sound demanding got superior in what I was asking them to do and I think that helped him to change his attitude. Hopefully now he'll go back to working on our car on Monday with a different attitude and will actually fix things.

Edited by hybridbear, 02 August 2014 - 07:40 AM.

• acdii, GrySql, corncobs and 1 other like this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#49 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 986 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

However, as I showed him the issues and we went through the list his attitude seemed to change. I was calm throughout the whole ordeal & I tried to be very careful in how I phrased things so as not to sound demanding got superior in what I was asking them to do and I think that helped him to change his attitude. Hopefully now he'll go back to working on our car on Monday with a different attitude and will actually fix things.

Sounds like you handled it very well, HB. Once the relationship becomes hostile it is very difficult to repair. I hope Monday goes well for you.

• corncobs and Sleddog like this

#50 OFFLINE   hytibill

hytibill

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

It sounds like you guys have to find better dealerships! I don't mean to be crass, but I drive 50 minutes to my dealership just to avoid the crappy dealership 15 minutes away. ;

• GrySql likes this

#51 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

It sounds like you guys have to find better dealerships! I don't mean to be crass, but I drive 50 minutes to my dealership just to avoid the crappy dealership 15 minutes away. ;

+1

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#52 OFFLINE   hytibill

hytibill

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

I have read from multiple sources online that the surveys the dealership sends you after a service is actually very important to them. I don't know if you can use this to your advantage next time. I think that if you give them crappy reviews they will simply quit dealing with you, but perhaps you can tell them that you're aware of this survey and give them a chance to redeem themselves? 

http://consumerist.c...ey-from-toyota/

http://www.yelp.com/...service-surveys

http://consumerist.c...-on-the-street/

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#53 OFFLINE   Ram

Ram

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 94 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

I changed my oil 3 mos ago, and trans was stained with tranny fluid.  I take into dealer today for service and have them inspect it.  They say its fine. At least its documented that they say its fine. Also got the DRL's turned on for $62.00 and some change.

298401.png

#54 OFFLINE   stijojo

stijojo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

This is what it said on my invoice from the dealership:

Customer States veh is leaking transmission fluid confirmed concern. Found that trany fluid was leaking from one of the lower trany case half bolts. Removed bolt and cleaned up bolt and hole. Put silicone in hole and reinstalled bolt. Test drove and rechecked for leak. All ok.

I am not so sure about this fix when i talked to the service rep he told me " we patched it" and will keep an eye on the leak next time i come in if it still going on then they will take it all apart and reseal whole transmission. This dosnt build confidence with me at all but they said it was a Ford approved fix. If you are a ford mechanic i would love to hear your thoughts on the fix. I will keep an eye on it and document their comunications because i didnot realize silicon patch is a approved fix.

Thats what happened so far i will keep you guys posted and would love to get some imput on the whole situation.

Well now its september and i went for my #2 oil change and guess?? My transmission is leaking again. So in my case the silicon patch is a major fail. Hope this time they actually fix it its getting old and frustrating at this point. So my adventure with my dealer continues. Will keep you  posted.  :angry22:

#55 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well now its september and i went for my #2 oil change and guess?? My transmission is leaking again. So in my case the silicon patch is a major fail. Hope this time they actually fix it its getting old and frustrating at this point. So my adventure with my dealer continues. Will keep you  posted.  :angry22:

Get Crystal involved.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#56 OFFLINE   stijojo

stijojo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

Get Crystal involved.

I got ford involved the first time and after several contacts with the dealer i got the patch. I will contact ford again and at least make sure that the problem is documented. I love the car. Sometimes you have a problem and thats ok but fix it right the first time i dont have time for this lets guess untill its fixed. Today the dealer contacted me and i will take the car in on 29th to take the transmision apart. That makes me happy and scares me as i am not confident that it will be fixed. Hope they get me a nice rental. I am just frustrated with the situation.

#57 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

I got ford involved the first time and after several contacts with the dealer i got the patch. I will contact ford again and at least make sure that the problem is documented. I love the car. Sometimes you have a problem and thats ok but fix it right the first time i dont have time for this lets guess untill its fixed. Today the dealer contacted me and i will take the car in on 29th to take the transmision apart. That makes me happy and scares me as i am not confident that it will be fixed. Hope they get me a nice rental. I am just frustrated with the situation.

I got your PM, stijojo. Check out your inbox for my response; I'll do what I can to help. 

Crystal

#58 OFFLINE   Kcouture25

Kcouture25

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Might be having the same issue.

Love the car so far. Took it in for the first oil change today at 10,000 miles. The tech at the oil change place let me know that it looks like transmission fluid has been leaking. Went immediately to the Ford dealership, but they couldn't even look at my car today. Since I had to head back to Alexandria, I had to take my wife's car and she will try and get my car looked at tomorrow. Hopefully this can be fixed and not turn into a recurring issue.

With this being my first brand new car, my biggest worry is that I'll have major mechanical issues. I'll try and keep the forum updated so you can be mindful of the same issues on your vehicles.

#59 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Might be having the same issue.

Love the car so far. Took it in for the first oil change today at 10,000 miles. The tech at the oil change place let me know that it looks like transmission fluid has been leaking. Went immediately to the Ford dealership, but they couldn't even look at my car today. Since I had to head back to Alexandria, I had to take my wife's car and she will try and get my car looked at tomorrow. Hopefully this can be fixed and not turn into a recurring issue.

With this being my first brand new car, my biggest worry is that I'll have major mechanical issues. I'll try and keep the forum updated so you can be mindful of the same issues on your vehicles.

The post above yours is our Ford Rep, Crystal.  Click on her name and send her a PM about this, she can do good things for you at the Dealership.  Don't wait to get her involved, the sooner the better.

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#60 OFFLINE   Kcouture25

Kcouture25

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'll do it right now. Thanks!