madmax87

2013 Fusion Hybrid Transmission Leaking

A TSB came out a few days ago for a trans leak for cars built Dec 1 2013 or earlier. The trans needs to be removed and case halves disassembled. Not everything in the trans has to come apart.

My car was built in early November 2013. I have no leaks so far.

So cars built after December that have leaking transmissions aren't under this TSB? Strange, seems like those who posted so far have later built cars.

The TSB number is 14-0085.

While the transmission is out and apart to fix the leak, it may be a good idea to pay a little extra and get the internal trans filter replaced and clean the magnet. I don't know how much more work it is, but with the new fluid, might as well get the filter replaced at the same time...

The TSB number is 14-0085.

While the transmission is out and apart to fix the leak, it may be a good idea to pay a little extra and get the internal trans filter replaced and clean the magnet. I don't know how much more work it is, but with the new fluid, might as well get the filter replaced at the same time...

I wonder if Ford might not replace the filter as part of the process. It would make sense to do that now or to at least cover the costs of the labour if an owner asks.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my car remains perfect for the next 150K miles. So far no leaks found(at least I HOPE they have looked).

That TSB pdf referenced in post # 34 is certainly a clever forgery.

However, as I showed him the issues and we went through the list his attitude seemed to change. I was calm throughout the whole ordeal & I tried to be very careful in how I phrased things so as not to sound demanding got superior in what I was asking them to do and I think that helped him to change his attitude. Hopefully now he'll go back to working on our car on Monday with a different attitude and will actually fix things.

Sounds like you handled it very well, HB. Once the relationship becomes hostile it is very difficult to repair. I hope Monday goes well for you.

It sounds like you guys have to find better dealerships! I don't mean to be crass, but I drive 50 minutes to my dealership just to avoid the crappy dealership 15 minutes away. ;