loonzilla

Good Deal? 2014 SE

1st post of hopefully many to get me through my first hybrid vehicle. It all starts with the price...I have an MSRP 2014 SE $34,975 (per sticker) with an offer of $30,500. ($32,700 Out the Door). I'm an USAA member and I used their pricing as a guidleline for my negotiations. All I stated in my messages (all email...no phone) was "I want this price or I'll go to the next dealer with my business". Three said "can't go that low" but one bit. It almost seemed too easy, but was it???? Am I missing something? I'm thinking this is a very nice deal...but I may be blinded by the excitement of the purchase. Appreciate any guidance if I should bite or wait.

Anyway, will have fun researching and learning the ins and outs of this hybrid; I know I have to come up to speed on the acryonyms.

Thanks. Loon

Are there limits in your state on dealer fees? Sometimes dealers try to make up money in hidden fees. Also, don't fall for their schemes to sell you an extended warranty. Search for the threads about extended warranties for more info of how to buy them for less money if you're interested.

Are there limits in your state on dealer fees? Sometimes dealers try to make up money in hidden fees. Also, don't fall for their schemes to sell you an extended warranty. Search for the threads about extended warranties for more info of how to buy them for less money if you're interested.

DId the deal today…$30,656 (KBB said invoice was $32,141) so I jumped on it. No extended warranties and all the TTL fees were standard per Texas. Very happy!!! Pick up tomorrow and start learning.

DId the deal today…$30,656 (KBB said invoice was $32,141) so I jumped on it. No extended warranties and all the TTL fees were standard per Texas. Very happy!!! Pick up tomorrow and start learning.

Congratulations!! That sounds like an amazing deal!! What features did you get? Please post some pics once you have your car.

Options: SE Hybrid Luxury (502A), Moonroof, Nav, My Ford Touch Package, Reverse Sensing, Intel access w/push, inflatable rear seats, and Driver assist.

Still trying to figure out how to load photos, for I took snapshots of 1st two trips. I'll search how to load.

1st Trip (from dealership to work…26.6 miles): 47.0 MPG (I didn't put in the enhance version so no brake score)

2nd Trip (from work to home…6.1 miles): 40.8 MPG and Brake score of 99% (figured out the enhance display)

Still learning, but completely amazed at the small representative sample trip results off the bat. After reading last night, looks like if I just:

1. Use ICE to accelerate (from stops, up hills) and on stressful legs of trip. Let ICE take on the hard work. (read maybe use ICE going downhill too? Have to play and practice)

2. Use EV during low stressful legs of trip…the cruising legs.

3. Careful braking when heading to stop.

Still haven't figure out the battery recharge max effeciency method (don't know what regen miles info does for me yet), but I'll focus on those three until I get the hang of it and learn more.

Thanks to this forum; it made my decision easier (was going between Hybrid Camry or maybe a new Honda Hybrid Accord). The price was right on the Ford.

New position soon which will increase my work commute to 30 miles 1 way; plus, my 2007 Mazda3 garnered about 18 mpg. I was hoping for 35+ in this; the rest is gravy.

Driving has become fun again.

A lot of us use Photobucket for photos. You can upload pics to your "Gallery" on the Forum, but you're limited to 30 pics or something like that. You can also attach files to your posts, but space is also limited there. Copying the Photobucket link works very well.

photo2_zpsdbbbfcbf.jpg

Thanks for the tip on photo bucket!!! Here is picture of my first trip. I'll get pics of vehicle today and post

Edited by loonzilla

Congratulations on the great deal. I just purchased my 2014 SE 2 weeks ago today and I really love the car. Mine doesn't have all the bells and whistles but I do have the Deluxe and Technology packages but I think I got a decent deal. Sticker price was $32k and final price was $28k plus state sales tax.

Cheers,

Ed

Another note: This forum saved me tons of money!!!!

When I purchased vehicle, I got "sent back" to the finance lady. Immediately she pulled out the overpriced Ford ESP. Immediately I pulled out my Flood Ford quote and stated "if you can match that, you have my business". She was shocked and I had to show her the web site for Flood Ford. She went in the back room and came back stating they can't match for they are selling below wholesale. Anyway, it made my finance lady visit very short, for she knew I had quotes for maintenance as well (that she wouldn't be able to match). (FYI, I didn't purchase maintenance from Flood, though).

Ended up getting Extra Care from Flood Ford but changed to Premium after doing some research. Seems it's 50/50 on opinions if buyer should obtain or not. Oh well, hopefully I will never have to use it.

Another note: This forum saved me tons of money!!!!

When I purchased vehicle, I got "sent back" to the finance lady. Immediately she pulled out the overpriced Ford ESP. Immediately I pulled out my Flood Ford quote and stated "if you can match that, you have my business". She was shocked and I had to show her the web site for Flood Ford. She went in the back room and came back stating they can't match for they are selling below wholesale. Anyway, it made my finance lady visit very short, for she knew I had quotes for maintenance as well (that she wouldn't be able to match). (FYI, I didn't purchase maintenance from Flood, though).

Ended up getting Extra Care from Flood Ford but changed to Premium after doing some research. Seems it's 50/50 on opinions if buyer should obtain or not. Oh well, hopefully I will never have to use it.

Glad you were an informed consumer and that it worked out for you. I read an interesting article recently about how it's harder for businesses to rip ppl off with consumers now being more informed than ever before.

This car continues to amaze. Learning how to drive it and haven't received any middle fingers yet. Can't wait to see what she can do after 5000 miles. Below is normal work trip (for now, 30 miles one way is coming soon) today in 27 degree temp.

TripSum2-6-14_zps0cbf288f.jpg[/url]

Edited by loonzilla

Congrats on the purchase. Any pics yet? Did I miss what color it is?

Dave

Your Trip Summary shows the Fuel Used with 2 decimal places...do all 2014s do this??

Yes

Dave

Loon,

That's an awesome price. Now I'm wondering if I was taken for a ride (no pun intended:)

I'm getting a 2014 SE with Nav and MyFord Touch for $26,960 + taxes. I didn't really want any of those options but I hear that it's called wife tax :)

It's the same color, silver and should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

If you really want to know, go to Truecar.com and get pricing there. What you see there is pretty much what you can expect to deal for. In fact there are some dealers tied into that site where you can get a coupon from a dealer to lock in the price.

Loon,

That's an awesome price. Now I'm wondering if I was taken for a ride (no pun intended:)

I'm getting a 2014 SE with Nav and MyFord Touch for $26,960 + taxes. I didn't really want any of those options but I hear that it's called wife tax :)

It's the same color, silver and should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Your car insurance might also have deals. Geico does. I checked them out and their prices were right around X-Plan pricing. Since we were getting invoice price we were able to do better on our own.

If you really want to know, go to Truecar.com and get pricing there. What you see there is pretty much what you can expect to deal for. In fact there are some dealers tied into that site where you can get a coupon from a dealer to lock in the price.

I had those printed out when I went in :)

Truecar.com is the site where I started doing my price research. I really like the site.

I used it to determine if I was getting a fair deal on mine, and I was.

I agree. I started my search with TrueCar.com which gave me a great start at the dealership. We bought our '14 FFH SE w/ MyTouch, back-up camera... (no nav) two days ago and paid $25,000 before TTL here in CA ($29 MSRP, $27,500 invoice - ended up with $2,500 in rebates/incentives) The dealership was much easier to work with knowing we had done our homework before going in. Best dealership experience I've ever had! We love the car and are constantly learning how to be more efficient!

Edited by thepaulsensbc

With my dealership, I bought so many cars from them over the years, we dont haggle price, they just sell it to me at invoice, and have no issues showing me invoice, then deduct the rebates and incentives for my final pre tax price. I saw the D plan price, and asked, how do I get that, he said marry my sister. If my wife was with me she would have asked, is she pretty? God i love my wife. LOL. I checked Truecar on the Flex when I was considering it instead of the MKT and sure enough the dealers price was damned good. True car was within $100 of the stated invoice.