SteveB_TX

Calling all HyTis and MKZhs with Remote Start

Got a question for ya. I took my MKZh in today for the transmission recalibration recall, as well as an issue with my Remote Start. When I get into the car after having used the Remote Start, the left display displays "To Drive: Press the Brake and Start Button". The problems is I don't have to press the Brake in order to "start" the car (enter Run mode)... all I have to do is press the Start button. My Ford dealer called the HOTLINE. The response was basically: Normal operation for 2013/14 Lincoln MKZ Hybrids". WHAT!!!

So my question is (finally! :) ), do you HyTi owners have to press the Brake to "start" the car, or does the HyTi act like a Lincoln? :bliss:

Edited by SteveB_TX

Tested today, 2013 Fusion Hybrid when started with remote - car enters "run" mode without pressing the brake.

Well then, I guess both the HyTi and the MKZh act the same. I posted the same question on the Lincoln forum for both hybrid and non-hybrid MKZ owners. Still waiting on a response to see if it is just the hybrids that don't need the brake pressed.

What happens if you get in without the key nearby and try to drive away?

Hmmm. Interesting. I bet you would get the No Key Detected warning... lemme run out and check that...

Yup, you get the No Key Detected warning.

K now I have to remember to do this. Check the trip timer when I get home. then check it again after using Remote Start to see if the timer has advanced. Something tells me the run time is not counted during a remote start.

Well then, I guess both the HyTi and the MKZh act the same. I posted the same question on the Lincoln forum for both hybrid and non-hybrid MKZ owners. Still waiting on a response to see if it is just the hybrids that don't need the brake pressed.

I checked both cars this AM. I've always pressed the brake when starting the cars when using remote start. This is out of habit. This morning I started the cars without my brake on.

K now I have to remember to do this. Check the trip timer when I get home. then check it again after using Remote Start to see if the timer has advanced. Something tells me the run time is not counted during a remote start.

:lurk:

well I tried it out on my 14. Same results. Starts after remote start without stepping on the brake.

Edited by Toz

Done did it and verified that it does in fact NOT record fuel used, nor time ran. Its a remote start black hole. I pinned the Fuel discrepancy thread with my results for review, so hopefully it will be seen by others with the same questions before they post about it.

Tested today, 2013 Fusion Hybrid when started with remote - car enters "run" mode without pressing the brake.

Ditto..

Yep same here, don't need to press the brake to go to run. Looks like someone screwed the programming on that one.