cjn-md

Cross Traffic System Fault

Well a couple things to note, this is not a drivability issue, so a lemon law may be difficult. Second to note, intermittent issues like this are very difficult to resolve. You can keep persueing Ford to get it fixed, or do like I did and just get rid of it. I have been down this path with the first one, and it was a nightmare, wish I had the issue you have, at least you got some codes to work with.

The problems I had with the second one were very minor, and only I noticed them because I was in tune with the car, and since no codes, it would be even more difficult to track down once they figured out just what my complaint was, so I just came to the point, wasn't worth my time. I did not get rid of my second car due to the problem, but because it was too painful to drive, I could barely walk after an hour in the car, so I had to replace it with something I could drive, otherwise I would still have it.

Unless the car stops working, has to be towed, has left you stranded, then you have a long uphill battle with Ford. I have been through this, so good luck.

These types of problems are very frustrating. Technology is great when it works but infuriating when it fails. Unfortunately, this is only a small taste of the kinds of problems that we will encounter with self driving cars.

Well, the problem is back. This past Saturday we took our bi-weekly drive to the coast and it was the first cold weekend (~35 deg F in the morning). After about 20 miles of highway driving the Cross Traffic Alert Fault came on again. Same Left Rear Sensor shows the fault. I called the dealer and said I was going to take the car to the closest open Ford dealer with a service department open on Saturday to get the codes. The codes listed were U3000 and U0253. Spoke with my dealer and he will contact the Ford Hot-Line. My frustration level is increasing. This has to have something to do with temperature.

HELP !!!!!!

I want to get this checked out. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Well the car went to the shop yesterday and I was contacted today by the Senior Regional Customer Service Manager (Thanks Meagan for the Case number and the elevation)...

Thanks for the update, fpliptak! I'm Crystal, and I'll be helping out here while Meagan is out of the office. If you need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to give me a shout. :)

Crystal