cjn-md

Cross Traffic System Fault

Our car gets these faults periodically as well. It has only happened to us when the car is quite dirty from driving on wet roads. When the car is clean this issue has never happened. I sometimes wonder if perhaps the dirt building up on the sensors is what causes this...

Same here - mine has done this 6-7 times but every time the weather was lots of rain and road spray, or snowy/slushy.

Well that is good news in a way. What a PITA they can be, especially having to basically tear the entire car apart and not resolve the issue. The time and materials Ford spent probably cost them more than had they just repurchased the car. Then the car goes off to a SEP lot and someone who could care less about CTA would buy it and Ford would get most of their money back. Instead they spent at least a few grand in warranty time and materials, so now they are out both.

So are you going to look for another Fusion, or going to that "other" company?

Well if they weren't going to repurchase, they have to now! They killed your car!

Cool, glad you toughed it out and gave it a second chance and it paid off. I know I'm glad I did.

I went to look for a replacement and went with the MKZ hybrid so I will be sticking around with you guys. The car I found on the dealer's website was in the exact configuration I wanted, was in production at the time and was to be delivered in two to three weeks. Karma for sure! After telling the Lincoln sales managers my story, they made me a first time under cost offer that I could not refuse.

Now 2300 miles later a can say I have not had one issue with the MKZh and I am getting mixed driving trips of 50 miles one way of up to 52 MPG with the lifetime of 44.2 MPG as of this morning. Not bad at all.

Thanks for all your support and safe driving to all.

Glad to see another FFHr leave the dark side and come into the light of the MKZh! ;) Congrats! Pics! We need pics! :camera:

Edited by SteveB_TX

I am noticing the CTA Fault in mine as well, but only at startup, not while driving. I ran a VHR each time too, but until it happens more frequently, I wont be bringing it is since I can't go without the car.