cjn-md

Cross Traffic System Fault

I haven't had any problems with stuff caking, it usually wipes right off.

Yes Ashley is aware if the issue and has gotten a case number assigned by Ford about this. This is the only involvement I have seen from Ashley on my case. Perhaps she is doing something on the back side but nothing I can clearly see or attribute to her actions. Truthfully I am a little underwhelmed by Ford's overall concern to the issue as it took two weeks to get a field Service Engineer on-site to work with the service team and my car. It is becoming clear that my 2014 Fusion is the first to experience this exact issue based on feedback from my service manager and that Ford is troubleshooting somewhat in the blind. The assigned Ford case manager has contacted me but does not appear to be directly involved in the process and I do not hear from her unless I reach out to her for an update. Even when I do hear from her I get the same information that I get from my service manger "Billy" who is doing a great job keeping me in the loop. Now at 22 total days in the shop with this issue in 5 months. At 30 days Maryland's Lemon law may apply. Waiting for my daily update and hoping it will be good news today. At least it's Friday!

cjn-md,

I've been keeping an eye on your case notes and this thread and it seems like everyone has kept you well-informed. Your CSM sent you an email on the 27th, letting you know that your dealer requested an engineer come out to look at your car. Did you get that? If not, PM me your correct email address and I will let her know.

Ashley

28 continuous days and counting and the tech team is still looking for the root cause. At this time they are looking at the ABS wheel sensors as these apparently communicate on the same sub-system as the Cross Traffic system. Personally I do not see the correlation as that is not the error I am getting and an error with the ABS should leave a footprint in the ODBII computer.

It can tie in, the information from the ABS can be used to tell the CTA that you are moving. If Waldo is correct, the PCM would have no tie in to the CTA then, so then the ABS could be used instead. As far as the term PCM, they could be using it in the generic sense, any module could be considered a PCM in laymans terms.

I would not stand for this. Replacing the entire harness because they "Think" its faulty? On day 30 the Lawyer would have been calling Ford to either buy it back or replace it. Good luck with what ever happens on this. I would not want a new car that has to have half its wiring harness replaced.