cjn-md

Cross Traffic System Fault

The module on the drivers side is bad. No doubt about it. It is nothing more than a mini radar unit, and I believe it is sending signals to the master module that it isnt supposed to, causing the faults. I have had this happen occasionally on mine too, just nothing like you have. It clears, the system still works, so not too concerned about it at this time. On my car its the passenger side that faults. It usually happens after driving on a road that has a lot of things along side of it, like tall grass, or high snow drifts that send a false alert, and after being on for a few minutes will fault.

The BLIS and CTA both use this module, so it really isnt a CT alert, when moving forward, but a BLIS alert. It may also be possible that the CTA is stuck on when in drive. In any case, my gut feeling is a bad drivers side module. I have a picture of one somewhere, its about a 4" square panel with a wire connector on it, mounted inside the rear bumper on the left and right quarter panel.

There is also a slim chance that something is wedged in front of it inside the bumper. When I had my 2010 Fusion Sport, when it was a damp cool morning the CTA would fault, and I found it to be condensation built up inside the bumper shell. A few smacks with my hand on the sides of the bumper cleared it up. Never had that problem with my 2010 FFH.

Good day everyone. Really enjoying my new 2014 FFH with one exception it often sets a Cross Traffic System Fault error pointing to the left rear of the car. When it happens the car has a slight deceleration as the wrench comes up and goes off in about 1/2 second then leaves the Cross Traffic System Fault error. In my 4 months 10,000+ miles of ownership I have seen this error occur over 50 times with the first one happening the second day after I took it home. Some days it happens every time I start and drive the car, other days no issue whatsoever. Four tips back to the dealership and still no joy and yes the service team at the dealership had contacted Ford Tech Support each time to no avail. ...

cjn-md,

Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll see how I can help.

Ashley

This fits the category of been there done that. I felt the same way on the BD when I had it. Their solution, tell the customer all is working, no trouble found and blame it on his driving.

Ashley,

Please be advised that I have not connected with your "Customer Care" team. They have tried calling (one time per day) and both times I have been on the phone with one of my customers. My attempt to call them back (even within minutes of their call) always result in voicemail regardless of time of day the call is made and I have tried multiple times.

My voicemail messages do not result in another call attempt by this team. "Customer Care" indeed!

I ask that you PM me with an escalation contact name and number above this group that I can actually contact.

By the way my car is still with the dealer now at 8 days continuously still with no sign of the root cause or resolution of the problem.

So it wasn't just me that had that happen.

Ashley,

Please be advised that I have not connected with your "Customer Care" team. They have tried calling (one time per day) and both times I have been on the phone with one of my customers. My attempt to call them back (even within minutes of their call) always result in voicemail regardless of time of day the call is made and I have tried multiple times.

My voicemail messages do not result in another call attempt by this team. "Customer Care" indeed!

I ask that you PM me with an escalation contact name and number above this group that I can actually contact.

By the way my car is still with the dealer now at 8 days continuously still with no sign of the root cause or resolution of the problem.

So it wasn't just me that had that happen.

cjn-md and acdii,

If you're having trouble connecting with your CSM, I can let them know a time that works best for you (maybe during a regularly-scheduled lunch break?). Alternatively, you can call 1-800-392-3673 and give them your case number. They should be able to connect you to your CSM directly.

Ashley

cjn-md and acdii,

If you're having trouble connecting with your CSM, I can let them know a time that works best for you (maybe during a regularly-scheduled lunch break?). Alternatively, you can call 1-800-392-3673 and give them your case number. They should be able to connect you to your CSM directly.

Ashley

My issue was in the past and I would rather not relive that. I was just pointing out that this wasn't the first time, and mine was from a year ago.

gee

thanks

I think.

Of course try to find a gif of shooting coffee out of nose was a complete and udder(yes I meant to spell it this way, I like cream in my coffee) failure.

I experienced a "Cross Traffic System Fault" last month when it was -10 F. I have not had any problems since then. The backup sensors and cross traffic sensors now function correctly.