Sign in to follow this  
jamesk33

PLNDR Light stays lit while car off

2013 ford fusion hybrid se

So woke up this morning and started walking to my car, as im walking i push my unlock button as normal and notice to lights flash. I get to my car and notice that its completely dead. I had to take the cover off the key insert just to get in, because the keypad would not even unlock it. I got it jumped and and let it all go back to normal, seeing as it was day time i didnt know what the problem was, i assumed maybe one of the doors wasnt closed all the way and accepted it was my fault. I get home from work tonight and lock my car as normal, as im walking away i was checking to see if anything went off. Everything goes off except the PRNDL lights. I made sure i had lights off, made sure car was in park all the obvious things that i thought could be wrong but not matter what it wont go off.. It has now been on for over an hour, and nothing i do turns it off. Has anyone had this problem or know anything about it? Greatly appreciate any suggestions, as im trying to avoid having to go to ford unless i really need to.

well i figured it out, Although i was putting the car in park and it would register it was, as soon as i was letting go it was moving out of the park position, eventhoug it was still showing that it was. After i put it in park i pulled back on the knob. It then registered and allowed the display to go off.

Interesting. Never heard of that before. Lucky the car was locked in park, or it could have rolled off.