scn101

Titanium Thigh Seat Bolster - Uncomfortable?

Yes, the seats between the SE and Titanium are quite different, SE are more squishy with more room to move side-to-side; Titanium seats are firmer with more side support that holds you in place more securely.

This is one where you definitely need to go to a dealer and sit in each one yourself to see which you like.

This is my only negative about the HyTi, the seats are no where near as comfortable as in the SE Luxury package. I have taken long trips in both and the SE seats are better for long trips, but I was no worse for wear in the HyTi. At some point I plan to replace the seat cushion with an SE type, it wont affect the heater. For the ventilated seats, as long as the bottom cushion has the holes in the foam and cover, then they will still function. You would need a custom skin made for it though.

For the record, YES, it does bother my left thigh, and I can still feel it after two hours.

I'm not a fan of leather seats and so I always try to stick with cloth when I can. However, while my SE will have cloth seats, it will also have the appearance package which gives you a different 'looking' seat with the red stitching. I wonder if the build of the seat is different in that they are firmer than a stock SE seat.

Anyone know? :noobie:

I'm not a fan of leather seats and so I always try to stick with cloth when I can. However, while my SE will have cloth seats, it will also have the appearance package which gives you a different 'looking' seat with the red stitching. I wonder if the build of the seat is different in that they are firmer than a stock SE seat.

Anyone know? :noobie:

We also have the Appearance package with the "Unique EcoCloth seats with REPREVE® fabric" and find them very comfortable. I do not know if they are more or less comfortable than the SE seats with out the Appearance package.

The interior on the HyTi and non HyTi Ti are the same, so if they dont have a HyTi, test drive a non HyTi Ti and see how they feel.

At the start of the week I was in So Cal for a couple of days. I rented a 2015 Fusion Titanium and put a couple of hundred miles with a few trips up and down the 405. I did feel a difference in the seats between my FFH and the MKZh. I thought they were not as comfortable.

I dread riding in the FFH. The seats are sooooo hard. Give me the cushy for my tushy in the MKZh. :)

Edited by SteveB_TX

One of the reasons I went with the MKT was in the thought the seats would be more cushy, but turns out they really are no different than the Flex seats. I was disappointed a bit about that. I am still torn about getting the T over the Flex, it has features I can't get in the Flex, yet lacks the room of the Flex, and the uniqueness of it too. I think the boxy styling is what I miss most. Anyhow, the Ti seats are also not very comfortable for long drives when you have hip pain.

The only discomfort I have from driving long-distance is because of sitting on my wallet. It's too thick! Not with cash, unfortunately, but with all sorts of random cards. I always have to take it out of my pocket when I'm driving long-distance, in every car I've ever had, not just the Fusion. I can tell that the Titanium seats are stiffer though because I more quickly feel the pain of sitting on my wallet.

Is your real name George?

George's Exploding Wallet:

LOL

I carry mine in a jacket pocket, or stuff it away somewhere in the car. 20 seconds sitting on one and my entire leg from ass to toe is in pain.