GiosHS

Remote start and heated seats in 2014 Titanium hybrid?

The manual and the left control screen seem to suggest that I can have the remote start also heat the seats, but I can't find how to make that happen. The screen does not appear to allow it. Suggestions?

I'm totally new at this and my car has not arrived yet (don't ask) but the remote start is part of your key fob I believe. And there should be buttons to activate the heated seats on your centre stack display. My Explorer is controlled by the two seat icons in my display. Maybe for the FFH it is different and others will jump in I'm sure.

Aha! I just learned something new. Can't do that with my Explorer and since I am adding the remote start at the dealer I probably won't have that feature,or will I ?

Good. I'm happy to hear that. Now another question as a result - both seats can be heated, or can you do just the driver side? Ninety per cent of the time it's just me leaving so I would not need to heat both seats.

Both seats. As long as the remote being installed is Ford, this will all work, but an aftermarket, non Ford RS will not work with the auto settings. When set to auto it will set the HVAC according to outside air temps and if you have heated/cooled seats they will turn on along with the AC/Heat. Both my cars have this, and it does work, the Fusion heats up quicker then the Flex, but the Flex cools off much quicker.

Yes unfortunately I had hoped there was a setting like the other RS settings for: "Last settings". I.e. if I left the seats heating, then when I come back later there's a better than even chance I want them heating again. But, it's up to the computer as usual (per dealer).

I went through the menu last night, you can enable each seat to be off or auto. Same with defrost on front and rear windows.

I went through the menu last night, you can enable each seat to be off or auto. Same with defrost on front and rear windows.

Yup. I just like my own auto (i.e. the way I left them) vs their auto (arbitrary criteria) ;) Should have a "if temp < Xdegrees"...update!