Aquineas

Edmund's Comparo between 2014 Accord Hybrid, Cammy Hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, and Jetta Hybrid

Sheesh, a couple of the comments for the article are so angry. Somewhere along the path to adulthood we need to all realize that different people make different choices, and the person who made a different decision than you is not necessarily wrong. I look at it like this, I decide with my wallet. I do my best to make an informed decision based on what I know at the time. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. It (likely) won't be the last opportunity in my life to be either.

I agree some people just wanna trash talk not sure why. Maybe they are just angry because they drive a gas eating V8. Don't get me wrong it's fun to drive but the fun stop at the weekly gas station trip.

Edited by corncobs

I agree some people just wanna trash talk not sure why. Maybe they are just angry because they drive a gas eating V8. Don't get me wrong it's fun to drive but the fun stop at the weekly gas station trip.

LOL I'm guilty of being in the "gas-eating V8" crowd, but hey, I do love my HyTi also!

I am surprised that the FFH won. I think it's the best car and thus own one, but Ford has taken a beating in the press and I didn't expect the FFH to win...Edmunds also got great fuel economy from the FFH, saying it even won one category of testing. Awesome!!

LOL I'm guilty of being in the "gas-eating V8" crowd, but hey, I do love my HyTi also!

Upps LOL but at least you aren't writting mean comments.

I really liked their summary at the of the video with the different test rounds they did. It really provides a nice comparison much better than just comparing MPG #.

Edited by corncobs

Their comments about the trunk is 100% why I wouldn't buy a HAH over a FFH. I like to snowboard a LOT and even if I didn't, the FFH is my only car. I need that storage space from time to time and I have no interest in getting a roof rack.

Seems to me that you couldn't go wrong with either if you had a second car or no need to transport stuff like I do occasionally, but no folding seats is absolutely a deal-breaker for me.

Also I like this line:

Less impressive is the Fusion's MyFord Touch electronics interface, but we've grown accustomed to it over time and preferred it to the Camry and Jetta's interfaces.

This is what I've been saying since I got the car. Just use it for a week or 2 and MFT isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be. At least IMO. (This is not referencing the people that have glitchy systems. From my experience MFT has been smooth sailing)

Edited by aaronj1159

Thanks Aquineas! This article really made my day. It's a great feeling to see what most of us deeply believe confirmed by respected experts. I know the TCH owners at Toyota Nation won't be too thrilled, but I just had to post the link there.

Therefore, it's important for car shoppers to note the "gallons per 100 miles" figure now found on every car's window sticker, and keep in mind that there's a lot more to consider when buying a hybrid family sedan than simply a number followed by the letters M-P-G.

This actually makes it easier to compute savings too. Getting 40 out of a 47 rated car is good, getting 34 out of a 47 is not so good, and when you calculate per 100 miles, then you can see the differences. I also liked the MFT comment. It takes time to learn these systems, not like old cars that have push buttons and knobs. Once you learn where things are at, the system is easy to use. Just wait a few minutes for it to boot when you start though, or it can frustrate you.

Thanks Aquineas! This article really made my day. It's a great feeling to see what most of us deeply believe confirmed by respected experts. I know the TCH owners at Toyota Nation won't be too thrilled, but I just had to post the link there.

They are spot on with the review of the TCH. While the 2013 is a better car than the 09 was in quality, it still felt and drove the same. meh, blah, soso YAWN.

GREAT find. My favorite comments related to the how driving felt between the HAH and the FFH. The HAH felt disconnected where the FFH felt like a normal car. IMHO, the best compliment is that the hybrid drive is transparent in the FFH.