Pghpete

For new FFH drivers, is the Empower mode the best mode to run in?

Hi folks,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'll be buying a FFH in June, but it will be the wife's car. Her driving habits for the most part only consist of accelerating or braking, where the word "coast" just doesn't register with her. Knowing that driving any hybrid requires a different mindset, and with all the coaching available in the FFH, which mode in your opinion would provide the most feedback to her to help her drive the car most efficiently? Not having an FFH or any hybrid car for that matter, I only have this site to help me get ready for this highly anticipated purchase, and I'd like to know as much as I can from the get go.

Great site, thanks. Pete

Thanks guys - both of you are on this site quite often and I value your input. For what it's worth, she'll mainly be using the car locally, without driving at speeds above 55. Mainly just picking up the kid from school, running errands, etc. I'm going to search this site for some screenshots/explanations of the various modes to give me a head start. Thanks again.

I prefer Engage also... and your wife's driving habits seem like my wife's - two speeds: GO... STOP

I used empower for about a month and then switched to my view with the stuff I wanted.

Me too. I keep the my view on the power consumption graph during the summer to keep an eye on the a/c draw. Now that it's winter, I switch between Empower and MyView. :)

The way I look at it, since there are so many opinions, the one that matters most is the one that you(or the wife) feel works the best. I do agree that the coaching bars is a great place to start, it shows you just how bad or good you are doing, especially the braking and acceleration bars. They go from green to yellow to red pretty fast when you dont drive it properly. Start with that, and once the feel is locked in, switch to the other screens and pick one that is most suited and learn more from that one.

MyView is also a good place to start, you can have the coach and one of the other screens side by side.

Thanks all, awesome answers from everyone. Murphy - I viewed quite a few of the videos. I guess I'm going to just have to wait until I get the car and play around with all of the info available. Dalesky - I hear you about your wife not caring about the screens. My wife will just use the car to get from point A to point B. After viewing the videos, I wondered, for those of you who've had the FFH for awhile and have "learned" to drive it the most efficiently; what screens you display in your FFH now. When I rechecked this thread, some of you already answered that question - so thanks.

I use Engage... because I like driving in blue.

engage-display--ford-ecoguide-gauge-clus

Wait, I don't have the mileage on the battery like that, nor the MPGe. This must be the Energi's Engage screen. D'Oh.

Edited by KLH

That's pretty much how I treat my screens as well. Can't wait to play with it again ...

When are you coming back to us?

Freezing rain forecast for Friday. grrr I would much rather have snow.

For me, and as many of you know I am a huge FFH fan, the lifetime mileage I am getting of 40.1 is quite enough to justify the purchase of this car. Sure, the tank could be larger, the engine quieter, and the trunk capacity larger, but I sure am happy overall.

Same here! Definitely would LOVE a larger tank to go the same amount of miles per week as the 2010, but overall very pleased with the car.