inco

Seats - Heated and Cooled

In a few posts I have noticed that some folks have seats that are both heated and cooled. Somewhere along the many posts I have read, I recall that this was going to be a late addition option. However in checking our Canadian website to build your car, it isn't mentioned. They only mention heated seats, which are on my vehicle.

Was this meant only for the USA or is there a possibility that new NA orders will get both? Would be nice.

Yes I noticed that and that has me hoping, however on my order sheet it says heated seats. Went back to the Ford.ca site and nowhere under build for the SE or Titanium, do they mention cooled seats or passenger 10 way power seat. Two way IIRC but no cooling. Maybe Kim or Ashley will pipe in and clarify.

I put in an order for a '14 after the collision in my '13. I ordered the heated and cooled seats. Can't wait! Will be nice here in the summer (Oklahoma).

The cooled seats are fantastic! Lately though, the heated seats in the rear have earned me brownie points. :)

So I guess that the $600 I'm paying for my heated seats is not going to include anything else. And yet if I ordered a Titanium I might have got them for $465 and had the cooling thrown in? Hmm, that does not make a soon to be FFH owner happy. Pricing in Canada has always been different than in the US, but somehow this really feels wrong.

Edited by inco

I did not order the luxury package. I went with the appearance package and the special cloth seats. On top of that I ordered the heated seats and they were an additional $600. Appearance pack also gives you 18" rims, fog lights, spoiler and leather wrapped wheel. Mine is an SE.

My Flex has them, but they dont cool my back as much as my butt. My F150 had them, and man talk about freeze your nutz off(they get that cold)! However it makes me feel like I whizzed my undies. They are good for cooling off the seat, but leaving them on all the time while driving they can get uncomfortable. I wouldn't mind them in the Hyti though, that would make summer driving without AC more comfortable.

I think they use a device( Peltier?) that makes cold air, and a fan to circulate it. They dont use the vehicles AC unit, and are pure electrical. Updated.

Some just use ventilation to blow air up your butt and make you use your bodies natural cooling process.

Edited by acdii

It's called alzheimer's.....

I have 'sometimers'. Sometimes I remember and sometimes I forget - BUT if it was important, I might remember. :victory: