acdii

Fuel gauge discrepancies

I always fill at the same pump at the same station at the same flow setting, and usually go about 1/2 gallon over, which happened to be true on all the cars I had that have the gallons used summary. The gallon more than normal is what prompted me to write this thread as it was unusual. Once I saw that runtime/fuel use is not factored in when using remote start, then my question is resolved.

Has anyone found out if this tank has a Bladder in it like the Prius? If it does, then that would answer the filling question.

The lack of being able to fully fill the tank to capacity is another issue and has it's own thread, so lets not discuss that here.

Here's a correlation between miles driven and the amount of gas used. Doesn't seem to add up to me. 30 miles on gas and over 1/4 tank used? Does this look right to everyone else?

F7DA2784-853E-42D6-AD4B-CFA18A2AA63A.jpg

That all depends on when Trip 1 was reset, and how full the gas tank was at that time.

But 45.7 MPGs looks pretty darn good to me, and the percentage of EV to ICE miles (65.1 / 97.1 = 67%) looks real good. :shift: