jcd1013

Windows automatically rolling down??

I own a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid and recently went out of town for Christmas. I parked my car in long-term parking. I came back tonight, walked to my car, and noticed that the windows were completely down on all four doors and the sun roof was rolled open as well. None of my belongings (just some papers and a bag) look like they have been disturbed and I don't think there is anything missing. I don't know whether it was locked or not, because I started the car remotely and pressed the lock button as I walked to the car. It's rainy and freezing cold here and there is no way that I left them open before I left.

The police were not impressed and stated that they thought that a low flying jet rattled the electronics.

Has anybody had similar happen? Should I be worrying about an electronic theft? I am planning to go to the dealership tomorrow and have them evaluation the computer but should there be something that I have them evaluate specifically?

I don't know about how each car's timing reacts to the global opening but mine requires me to hold the keb fob 'open' button for a good 2-3 seconds,

Which is possible if the fob was inside a pocket, purse, or piece of luggage where something was pressing up against it constantly -- I wonder if the OP could have done something like that by accident, and the windows were actually rolling down as he/she walked away from the vehicle? We've seen a couple threads where this is the most likely culprit.

Thats a good thing too, rather have a small opening at the back than the roof wide open in case it rains or snows.

My son has had his 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid since it was new and this just happened to him today.  He said he came out to his car and all the windows were down.  Nothing was stolen, thank goodness.  However, it had rained earlier, so things were quite wet.  He said that his phone normally automatically connects to his car, except for after this happened.  He checked the menu and disabled the feature.  He didn't even know the keyfob could do that.