elle

Advantages of 2014 over 2013?

I've had my Fusion for almost a year and I do love it. Let me just start by saying that. However, I'm starting to formulate a plan for buying my next car-- and, if I go through with that plan, it will also be a Fusion Hybrid. Yes, I love it so much that I am thinking about trading up to a newer one in a year or so, and maybe taking advantage of the dealer clear outs next November, like Hybridbear did.

So... please point me in the direction of any threads that talk about the differences between the two model years, or we can talk about it here. Cosmetically they seem about the same to me, but I'm sure there must have been some changes. Why would I want a 2014 over my 2013, other than to have a new, shiny thing to play with?

The biggest advantage is that most of the bugs are worked out in the 2014. There is also the 10 Way passenger seat, heated steering wheel, and a few other options not available on the 13 MY. Some disadvantages, the lifetime summary is gone, and not 100% sure on this, but the turn signals went back to the old school levers instead of the bump type the 13 has now.

If I had to replace mine, the only advantage I see would be the passenger seat. Although some of the new color choices are appealing too.

Yeah, I think that the biggest reason for me would be the newer build. I'm happy with mine, and doing better with the software upgrade, but I'm still not putting up the numbers consistently that I see others have in their fuelly sigs. It's definitely not a lemon, though-- at least, so far, everything else pretty much functions as it should. I think I may be having a slight tinge of remorse that I didn't wait longer for bugs to be worked out, and I guess I'm hoping that trading up after a year or two will solve that problem-- which perhaps only exists in my mind. I do like the idea of the heated steering wheel, though! Many mornings lately I have wished I had that.

I have a '13 and there's nothing that I think that I'm missing on my car. I still love it... perhaps even a little more.

interior color choices for the Titanium, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and 10 way passenger seat. Funky little plastic sound dampener on the air intake. Past that they are pretty much the same. Your color choice is gone now too. I have not yet noticed any of the fit and finish issues that some of the early 13's had either, but as I have only had mine for a week I will hold off on any real judgment on that.

interior color choices for the Titanium, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and 10 way passenger seat. Funky little plastic sound dampener on the air intake. Past that they are pretty much the same. Your color choice is gone now too. I have not yet noticed any of the fit and finish issues that some of the early 13's had either, but as I have only had mine for a week I will hold off on any real judgment on that.

Job 2 2013s also have the sound dampener. It makes a huge difference! I'm impressed with the change.

Yeah, I think that the biggest reason for me would be the newer build. I'm happy with mine, and doing better with the software upgrade, but I'm still not putting up the numbers consistently that I see others have in their fuelly sigs. It's definitely not a lemon, though-- at least, so far, everything else pretty much functions as it should. I think I may be having a slight tinge of remorse that I didn't wait longer for bugs to be worked out, and I guess I'm hoping that trading up after a year or two will solve that problem-- which perhaps only exists in my mind. I do like the idea of the heated steering wheel, though! Many mornings lately I have wished I had that.

Sometimes I start thinking that too. But then I realize that Bordeaux would not have been an option had I waited, and I'm in love with that color.

That's the hardest part of this idea, actually. I love the bordeaux, and it's not available anymore. I love a couple of the other colors, too, but the problem would be that I'm at the mercy of what is available if I do this. Not sure I could live and be happy with a sterling gray or silver. Not that those are ugly, but just not my cup of tea.

Become good friends with the dealership? Usually they can look around and find what you are looking for if they are out there. The dealer I work with has many connections with other dealers in several states and can usually find something very close if not exactly what I was looking for.

When I get closer to doing something, I may just call my salesperson and ask him to keep his eyes open.

Sometimes I start thinking that too. But then I realize that Bordeaux would not have been an option had I waited, and I'm in love with that color.

+1

Aggies and Hokies rejoice

When I price out a 2014 with all the options we have now on the white FFH, minus premium paint, navigation & premium wheels, and then I add PBS to the SEs I get a new FFH SE for $35,990, a new HyTi for $37,975 ($2k extra for cooled seats, Sony radio & Ti tail lights) and $40,660 ($36,653 after the $4007 tax credit) for an Energi SE. With the big price drop for the Fusion Energi, I expect more will start selling.

That makes me all the more happy that we got another 2013 SE because while we don't have PBS, we only paid $31,600 for our loaded SE which has navigation, premium paint and premium wheels. A 2014 would have been just too expensive!! The 2014s have minimal incentives right now and minimal dealer discounts, so you'd likely pay close to MSRP. That's a lot of money for PBS and for the penalty of giving up the Lifetime Summary.

Edited by hybridbear

When I price out a 2014 with all the options we have now on the white FFH, minus premium paint, navigation & premium wheels, and then I add PBS to the SEs I get a new FFH SE for $35,990, a new HyTi for $37,975 ($2k extra for cooled seats, Sony radio & Ti tail lights) and $40,660 ($36,653 after the $4007 tax credit) for an Energi SE. With the big price drop for the Fusion Energi, I expect more will start selling.

That makes me all the more happy that we got another 2013 SE because while we don't have PBS, we only paid $31,600 for our loaded SE which has navigation, premium paint and premium wheels. A 2014 would have been just too expensive!! The 2014s have minimal incentives right now and minimal dealer discounts, so you'd likely pay close to MSRP. That's a lot of money for PBS and for the penalty of giving up the Lifetime Summary.

This is the same reason we did not purchase a 2014 FFH. We also went with the SE minus the navigation, premium paint and wheels and instead went with the Appearance Package, moon roof, Tech package, RSS and ACC and walked out the door paying $27,500. The dealer had one other FFH and 2 FFEs. We could have waited for a 2014, but saw nothing that the 14s offered that we really wanted/needed. I think the main selling point for my wife, since it is her car, was the price being $5000 below sticker.

This is the same reason we did not purchase a 2014 FFH. We also went with the SE minus the navigation, premium paint and wheels and instead went with the Appearance Package, moon roof, Tech package, RSS and ACC and walked out the door paying $27,500. The dealer had one other FFH and 2 FFEs. We could have waited for a 2014, but saw nothing that the 14s offered that we really wanted/needed. I think the main selling point for my wife, since it is her car, was the price being $5000 below sticker.

Exactly!! $5000 below sticker is quite a bargain. Window sticker on the white FFH was $37,395. Our price after incentives was $5800 below sticker. The price before incentives was $2900 below sticker (about equal to invoice price). Our first black FFH was only about $2000 below sticker because there weren't Ford incentives so our only discount was getting the car at invoice price. Was your $5000 below sticker before or after Ford incentives?

Edited by hybridbear

Exactly!! $5000 below sticker is quite a bargain. Window sticker on the white FFH was $37,395. Our price after incentives was $5800 below sticker. The price before incentives was $2900 below sticker (about equal to invoice price). Our first black FFH was only about $2000 below sticker because there weren't Ford incentives so our only discount was getting the car at invoice price. Was your $5000 below sticker before or after Ford incentives?

Our FFH stickered at $33,500 and there was a $1000 incentive then we got another $5000 off that for a total out the door price of $27,500. They also threw in free tinting and pinstriping. Could not walk away from the deal. :)

Plus my wife is very happy and really enjoys her car. That alone makes for a happy house.

Edited by jeffo65

Our FFH stickered at $33,500 and there was a $1000 incentive then we got another $5000 off that for a total out the door price of $27,500. They also threw in free tinting and pinstriping. Could not walk away from the deal. :)

Plus my wife is very happy and really enjoys her car. That alone makes for a happy house.

That's an incredible deal!! Probably one of the best anyone has shared on here...awesome!! Glad she's happy! :happy feet: