elle

Oxford white vs. white platinum

I'm curious about the thoughts of those who purchased the white platinum paint, since I almost purchased it myself. I've seen several white fusions, but not sure I've seen very many white platinum ones. If you have the white platinum, do you feel it was worth the upcharge? Are you happy with it? Why or why not?

I'm very happy with it, wife loves it. Yes, the extra $ was worth it to me.

Everyone has their point of view, but I think it makes the car body styling look more balanced, it stays clean looking longer and adds a tiny bit of upscale value to the looks of the car.

You forgot to ask if I'd buy the same color again, yes, if it was a FFH.

There was a plat white FF in the parking lot at work earlier today and I had to do a double take, which isn't safe on the bike. Soooooooooo shiny. Definitely stands out more than Oxford.

Walking out of the grocery store last night, my FFH was right there for everyone to see its great side view. My first thought was "Damn, that's a beautiful car", and I felt proud to be the person who owned it. Under the parking lot lights, the White Platinum brings out all the sculpted contours without the distracting reflection of the car's surroundings that you get with many other colors. I noticed that this week on a photo that was posted here of a Black FFH. In bright sunlight, I don't think any other color looks as good as White Platinum. It gives the impression the car is made of actual pearl.

As GrySql mentioned, keeping it looking clean is its biggest advantage. In 13 months of ownership, I have fully washed my FFH no more than five times. Only once during that time did it look dirty. Every 2-3 weeks I'll take a wet towel to the windows, the front grill area and the back. I'll admit, however, that the drought we are experiencing here contributes to this lower maintenance.

Under many lighting conditions, it's difficult to tell the difference between the Oxford and Platinum from a distance. Several times I've seen the Platinum give off a pinkish tint. White Platinum is worth sacrificing another option in order to have it. It is something you appreciate every day.

Well...damn, now you all made me wish mine was WP instead of TB. However, on my Flex, the TB is the best looking color for it. Especially with the Titanium wheels.

Since we went from Tuxedo Black to White Platinum and the white was the only color option buying what was leftover of the 2013s I am undecided about the color. I think the FFH looks great in every color, even the Ginger Ale that looks like vomit lol

My wife picked black originally because she thought it made the FFH look more like a $50k car than a $30k car. The Sterling Gray is one of my favorites because I think it looks most elegant. In Cali white cars are common, in MN they're rare. The white FFH really blends in with the white snow everywhere right now. I'm going to Zaino the white one on Monday. After doing the Zaino treatment the black really shined and I grew to appreciate it more. I'm hoping that doing Zaino on the white one will make me appreciate it even more.

Some of it is because the days are so short now I've hardly seen the white one in the daylight. With snow everywhere it also has hardly been clean. Washing the car only keeps it clean until the next time you drive it this time of year. Others have commented about how clean the white stays, they obviously haven't driven in Minnesota in winter. It takes less than 5 minutes for even a white car to turn gray from road dirt.

Ginger Ale that looks like vomit

I saw a rare Ginger Ale Fusion the other day in my neighborhood! I won't say anything bad about it, because I know there are people here who like that color. To each his own; I am not one of them.

I'll just come out and say it... Ginger Ale sucks! Oh, wait. Um... I meant the drink. Yeah. That's it! :)

All hail White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat !!!

Edited by SteveB_TX

Man I should take a picture of mine when it dries. I has a black, gray and white one now. The Flex is even worse, the tail is white now.

I can't chime in with looks of a RR in winter driving since mine is sitting in a garage collecting dust. ;-(

For my current car which is plain white I agree they get dirty very quickly. Took me some time yesterday to get all the Autobahn dirt of it.

I can't chime in with looks of a RR in winter driving since mine is sitting in a garage collecting dust. ;-(

Here is what it might look like if you were out and about... I would call that accent striping 'Oxford White' as I don't see any type of 'Platinum' glow to it...

Salty_Red_FFH_zps58a13eb7.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

Wow that is some sloppy salt! Looks more like you ran through Stay Puffs entrails!

White Platinum rules.

That's Racist, Tuxedo Black rules! :)

Hate to be a contrarian but Oxford White is the better white IMHO. Rarely looks dirty (how do they do that?) and to me it looks "whiter" than Platinum White. Plus, isn't platinum grayish-silver? Do you think the fact that my car is Oxford White colors my opinion? (Pun intended).

I parked next to an Oxford White FFH yesterday and walked around them to see the difference - I am perfectly happy that I bought the Platinum White. No doubt about it.

To each his own...

Mine does not show dirt either.