hybridbear

MY2015 Fusion Production Dates & Order Guide

We aren't gonna see better mpg with the current power train. I see some improvements in cold weather still available but besides that nothing in normal weather

GrySql nailed it on the head with a sledge hammer.

A few of us are previous Hybrid drivers, I have owned 5 now since 2007. First was a 2nd Gen Prius, second was a 2009 TCH, third was the 2010 FFH, fourth was that devil car, and now the current HyTi. The first three were pretty much, get in and drive, the Toyota's, though I did not like them, both achieved above EPA averages summer and winter. the 2010 only in the summer, winter MPG tanked(probably due to the gas and maybe a grill cover could have helped), however, it wasn't nearly as much a drop percentage wise as the current model.

All of them use regen braking, but none to the extent the current Fusion uses them. This is why brake scores are so important in the 2nd gen Hybrid. Because the new FFH uses a lot of EV to compensate for the smaller ICE, you need to capture as much energy through braking as possible. You have to learn new braking techniques, that only this gen FFH uses. You have to learn new throttle tricks to maximize EV/ICE performance.

This car is a whole different breed of Hybrid, some will adapt quickly, and hypermilers will have no problem reaching EPA, but exceeding it like they can in a Prius is not going to happen or we would have seen it here already. Those who can get 75 MPG in a Prius will be the ones getting 50 on average. I'll bet Jeff can get 75 in a Prius now if he drove one. :)

The upside is, it appears Ford has a computer system in these cars that a simple software update can be applied to make the car more efficient as they get more on the road and more input over time and work the bugs out. the Toyota HSD and first gen Fords though have basically reached their limit, and only hardware changes can improve them. The proof of that was when Ford increased the Non Energi models to go up to 80 MPH in EV with a simple software update. Any changes that come on later years will most likely be cosmetic changes or control functions(which has already been seen twice between Job2, and the 2014 models). As long as the drive train remains the same hardware, most likely any software updates will be backwards compatible.

I saw a new police interceptor in the body shop when picking up my car. I asked the service manager to total it so I could get it on the cheap and start tearing up the streets.

I love how people think because I am driving the Flex that I will be slow leaving a light or something, and get in the right lane on roads where it goes back to one lane. I let them have a head start. All they see are tail lights. I LOVE the Ecoboost! Maybe Ford putting the twin pipes on all models is a good thing after all, Now you have to look for that tiny badge to know it has Ecoboost. I can't imagine what one would be like with 600 WHP that someone has done.

I love how people think because I am driving the Flex that I will be slow leaving a light or something, and get in the right lane on roads where it goes back to one lane. I let them have a head start. All they see are tail lights. I LOVE the Ecoboost! Maybe Ford putting the twin pipes on all models is a good thing after all, Now you have to look for that tiny badge to know it has Ecoboost. I can't imagine what one would be like with 600 WHP that someone has done.

I still love the eco boost flex but if I were to spend that kind of money the Explorer sport would be my choice. Black on black that's a mean and fast suv.

I looked at the explorer and found the second row seats dont work well with two car seats, the middle seat belt is right under the butt of anyone sitting between them. It also doesn't have as much room inside as the Flex.

You did say Black on Black? How about Black on Black on Black

156562_526932124015593_888078685_n.jpg

I need to get those calipers painted black too, they stand out too much.

Aw man, MesoSAD. There is Darth Vagon, I do miss her. That was only a couple days after I got rid of the BD.

Has anyone seen the order guides for MY2015 yet? Ordering has begun according to the dates above so they should be available.

I have a pdf for the 2015 Hybrid Marketing Guide (thanks to HB). There are some interesting changes noted for the 2015s. Here they are by category:

Comfort/Convenience

• Configurable daytime running lamps standard on all models
  • Front-passenger 10-way power seat standard on Hybrid Titanium
  • Rear view camera standard on Hybrid S and Hybrid SE
  • Simplified SmartGauge with EcoGuide instrument cluster displays and menus:
    • Left-hand information display streamlined to include the following menu options and screens:
      • Display/Trip:
        • Engage
        • Empower
        • MyView
        • Trip 1
        • Trip 2
      • Information
      • Settings
    • Right-hand information display now includes the following menu options and screens:
      • Entertainment
      • Phone
      • Navigation (if equipped)
      • Fuel Economy:
        • Efficiency Leaves
        • Fuel History
        • Coach

Design/Styling

• Exterior colors added:
    • Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (late availability)
    • Guard(metallic paint)
    • Magnetic(metallic paint)
    • Tectonic(metallic paint)
  • Exterior colors deleted:
    • Dark Side Metallic (BT)
    • Ice Storm (YQ)
    • Sterling Gray (UJ)
    • Sunset Metallic (D7)
  • Terracotta Package:
    • Terracotta door trim inserts
    • Terracotta leather-trimmed sport front seats
    • Premium floor mats (front/rear)
    • Available on Hybrid SE and Hybrid Titanium
Edited by Texasota

They arent an option on the HyTi, which is where HB headed. I definitely would have ordered it with 17" given the choice.

The Cluster update is also a good change, but they eliminated Dark Side and Sunset, both awesome looking colors.