hybridbear

MY2015 Fusion Production Dates & Order Guide

When I posted this I wasn't realizing that Texasota hadn't posted the whole PDF Order Guide so that everyone could see it. I was thinking that everyone could download it from the Forum and read it like I did lol I have used up my storage here & can't attach it here, but I'll try to post it on BOF and post a link here.

I've attached the 2015 Hybrid Marketing Guide here: 2015 Fusion Hybrid Marketing Guide.pdf

Edited by Texasota

To add to what Waldo said. The wheel weight does play into it a bit, rolling mass, that few extra pounds of the 18" wheel has to be overcome by the ICE/EV, so it does take a little more energy out of the system, so a 1-2 MPG overall affect could be seen. Mainly though its the tire itself that makes or breaks FE. Michelin doesnt have a tire for the 18" wheel (at least not the last time I looked) in the same design as what they have on the 17" wheel. They do make other LRR in the 18" size, but they are twice the cost of the 17" model.

That's not the real order guide, that's just some of the marketing guides that are sent to dealers. Note they reference the official order guide, which hasn't been published yet. I would expect when the real order guide comes out, you will see optional 18in wheels.

I've updated my above posts to give the attachment an appropriate name. Thanks for pointing that out because it clears up some confusion I had where my local dealer told me the ordering guide was not yet available.

This is not correct. You need to read what Larryh has posted about regen efficiency. In some scenarios the regen efficiency is only around 50%.

True, some days regen is aggressive, other times weak. Sometimes the system can't recover the energy fast enough due to limits on the HVB, either having a near full charge, or temperature out of range, so service brakes get applied. One of the things to note about larger wheels, the mass of the wheel is further out from center so more centrifugal(sp?) force.

I used to be a mechanic and part of the job was mounting and balancing tires. The larger the wheel/tire the longer it took to spin up and slow down on the balancer. The 30 size mud tires were the worse, they needed manual intervention to get started.

Waldo was right, according the the 2015 Fusion Order Guide 18" wheels are still optionally available on the FFHs. Corncobs, you can sleep soundly again.

:) thanks for being concerned about my sleep but I'm not sure if that is correct. I didn't see optional 18" wheels under the Hybrid section but I could have easily missed it. ;)

I think you are right. I was looking at page 16 and made the wrong assumption when I saw 18" wheels on SE appearance package but that appears to be for the gas models only. Sorry, Corncobs.

Maybe Lunesta is an option for you? ;)

Edited by Texasota

I don't see the big deal with having larger rims. It's not like they only have one option, there's still an upgraded wheel available, it's just now also 18 17 inches. Why are 18 inch rims considered superior?

I think you meant 17" as I edited above?

It is my understanding the overall diameter of the tires with 18" wheels is almost identical to the 17" wheels because the 17s have a taller profile tire. Is that correct? Is this a matter of personal taste (and that is fine) or is there technical reasons why a larger wheel and lower profile tire is superior?