Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

MY2015 Fusion Production Dates & Order Guide

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

From Blue Oval Forums: http://www.blueovalf...erior/?p=885848

2014 Final Order Date: 3/14/2014

2015 Initial Order Acceptance: 3/17/2014

2015 Scheduling Begins: 4/17/2014

2015 Production Begins: 5/27/2014

• B25Nut and GrySql like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

With this trend I'll be able to purchase the 2018 Fusion in 2016.  Thanks for finding this, HB.  This must mean that Ford has already firmly established the changes that will be made for the 2015.  Now someone has to find out what they are.  The downside is that any new input we now produce here won't have any chance to be implemented until the 2016 model.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#3 OFFLINE   Eddie Sessum

Eddie Sessum

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 595 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Hybrid

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

For 2016 if the economy picks up im gonna get me a brand new MKS "SHO" lol

225770.png

#4 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

I am very interested in seeing the, shall we say, improvements in the 2015's. 

One thing that would certainly help sales would be if the FFH could be driven normally and still achieve high mpg numbers.

All these special FFH driving techniques to achieve close to the EPA MPG numbers is not something many people want to put up with. 

Toyota and Honda understand this.

• acdii likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#5 OFFLINE   Eddie Sessum

Eddie Sessum

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

We aren't gonna see better mpg with the current power train. I see some improvements in cold weather still available but besides that nothing in normal weather

225770.png

#6 OFFLINE   aaronj1159

aaronj1159

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I am very interested in seeing the, shall we say, improvements in the 2015's. 

One thing that would certainly help sales would be if the FFH could be driven normally and still achieve high mpg numbers.

All these special FFH driving techniques to achieve close to the EPA MPG numbers is not something many people want to put up with. 

Toyota and Honda understand this.

This is where I get confused, because I don't really do anything differently when driving my FFH when compared to my old Jetta aside from slowing down a little bit. Maybe I was never a very aggressive driver in the first place, but I really don't feel that I'm working very hard to get my MPG numbers, which are pretty close to EPA. I literally don't have any special techniques for driving. I stay closer to the speed limit than before, and I brake a little bit easier (which I think any hybrid is going to require for maximum results) but other than that...

• DeeCee, hybridbear and corncobs like this

#7 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

This is where I get confused, because I don't really do anything differently when driving my FFH when compared to my old Jetta aside from slowing down a little bit. Maybe I was never a very aggressive driver in the first place, but I really don't feel that I'm working very hard to get my MPG numbers, which are pretty close to EPA. I literally don't have any special techniques for driving. I stay closer to the speed limit than before, and I brake a little bit easier (which I think any hybrid is going to require for maximum results) but other than that...

If you are driving normally and getting close to EPA numbers that is great.  I am doing an lot and not getting close to EPA, on average. 

I use the word 'we' as a sort of collective term, not everyone does these things.

We practically invented the FFH driving style here on this Forum because so many of us early adopters were getting in the 30's and were wondering what was wrong - not normal.

We all slowed down - that was not normal, we learned to P&G, we learned to anticipate traffic stop signs and lights, we put plastic grills on the front of the cars in winter - not normal.

We became mesmerized watching the braking score and the Average Mileage go up and down by tenth's, agonizing when we lost ground, some bought ScanGauge's to learn more - not normal.

There are numerous other examples of the change that owning this vehicle has brought with it.

One thing is for sure, 'we' have become more alert to our driving surroundings, are more conscientious in applying the throttle and brakes as well as to listen to the car when it is working too hard - all for MPG's.

We are usually rewarded for our effort, if we have a 'good' FFH, some don't.  I am rewarded by the quiet, comfortable ride, the less stress of travel at slower speeds and my lifetime average of 38.1 mpg's.

What did I say?  38.1? is that all I average? - Yes, yet the car still pleases me but that is my new normal.

Many people on this Forum either drive their car alone or are at the wheel most of the time.  I can think of many examples of folks here who say that when their spouse drives the FFH the mpg's go down, some by a big amount.

That is normal driving, get in and go, get there and exit the car, no hyper-miling for mpg's - and it shows.

My sister-in-law with her Prius V, my son-in-law in his Prius C don't know a third as much about their car as we do, they just get in and drive to get 43 and 52mpg averages, no effort at all. 

That is what I mean by saying that Toyota and Honda understand that most drivers are not interested in all the hoopla to get high mpg's, the car is a tool and most just want to use it simply.

Never have I owned a car that was so complicated, nor have I spent as much time at the Dealer getting our early model fixes and upgrades.

Strangely, I still like looking at it and driving it, for someone of my age and automotive past just getting 38.1mpg average is still good enough.

So, I'm interested in what Ford can do to make this wonderful FFH into a better car in 2015.

(spelin' idiot edit)

Edited by GrySql, 20 December 2013 - 03:30 PM.

• acdii, B25Nut, hybridbear and 1 other like this
The Time Machine....

#8 OFFLINE   aaronj1159

aaronj1159

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

It may very well be that I just got lucky and received a really 'good' car. I've had both my father and my girlfriend get in to my car (neither have ever driven or even sat in a hybrid in their lives) and get 45+ MPG on 10+ mile trips. I hope I'm not falsely advertising to all the people that I meet and tell that it's a very easy car to get in and get good MPGs in, but that's been my experience.

• DeeCee, hybridbear and GrySql like this

#9 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

GrySql nailed it on the head with a sledge hammer. 

A few of us are previous Hybrid drivers, I have owned 5 now since 2007. First was a 2nd Gen Prius, second was a 2009 TCH, third was the 2010 FFH, fourth was that devil car, and now the current HyTi.  The first three were pretty much, get in and drive, the Toyota's, though I did not like them, both achieved above EPA averages summer and winter. the 2010 only in the summer, winter MPG tanked(probably due to the gas and maybe a grill cover could have helped), however, it wasn't nearly as much a drop percentage wise as the current model. 

All of them use regen braking, but none to the extent the current Fusion uses them.  This is why brake scores are so important in the 2nd gen Hybrid. Because the new FFH uses a lot of EV to compensate for the smaller ICE, you need to capture as much energy through braking as possible. You have to learn new braking techniques, that only this gen FFH uses. You have to learn new throttle tricks to maximize EV/ICE performance. 

This car is a whole different breed of Hybrid, some will adapt quickly, and hypermilers will have no problem reaching EPA, but exceeding it like they can in a Prius is not going to happen or we would have seen it here already. Those who can get 75 MPG in a Prius will be the ones getting 50 on average.  I'll bet Jeff can get 75 in a Prius now if he drove one. :) 

The upside is, it appears Ford has a computer system in these cars that a simple software update can be applied to make the car more efficient as they get more on the road and more input over time and work the bugs out. the Toyota HSD and first gen Fords though have basically reached their limit, and only hardware changes can improve them.   The proof of that was when Ford increased the Non Energi models to go up to 80 MPH in EV with a simple software update. Any changes that come on later years will most likely be cosmetic changes or control functions(which has already been seen twice between Job2, and the 2014 models).  As long as the drive train remains the same hardware, most likely any software updates will be backwards compatible. 

• B25Nut, hybridbear, GrySql and 1 other like this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#10 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Aaron, you are one of the 'lucky' ones, that is the way Ford intended it.  In the real world, looking at Fuelly for example, these cars are getting in the high 30 mpg's.

My particular car is as good as it's going to be and I'm normally the best hybrid driver I can be, 38.1mpg average is as good as it gets with me and my car.

After the PCM update and doing the 100% SOC Hard Reset (another FFHF invention to get better mpg's) I had my car up to 40.2 mpg lifetime average.

Then I had an emergency trip to Oregon where I drove about 3-7 mph over the speed limit (my old normal) in rugged weather for 2,000 miles and averaged 35.8 for the trip, that dropped my Lifetime to it's current low.

Sure, having a 38.1 average means that at many times I see high 40's, low 50mpg's for trips, that's what averages are.  I am cheered when I see that happen, it's real fun to say you went 39 miles and used .6 gallons of gas.

Terrain (we have lots of hills and mountains in CA) has a big effect, traffic (we have horrible traffic in CA) does too, intense cold weather is a drag on the car,  it's hotter down south here but we use a lot of A/C - this car is negatively affected by all of those things, plus the driver.

Acdii has mentioned the 2.0L Atkinson motor and I agree, it needs a software adjustment to improve it's highway mileage, that little motor is pushing a lot of weight.

I see a trend in the Job 2 2013 models and the 2014 cars that gives me hope that Ford is trying to get this car fine tuned.  If I see enough improvement I may get a 2015, or '16.  If not, I'll keep my eyes open for another choice.

• hybridbear likes this
The Time Machine....

#11 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Interesting points by all.... I think short trips are a big factor too. Before I started tracking my trips for my spreadsheet and graphs, I didn't realize just how short all our trips were. It's rare that we drive more than 7 miles in any one trip. In the summer it's not that bad because the ICE warms up quickly. In the winter it can take 5 miles to get the ICE warm enough to have consistent heat without keeping it idling. This kills gas mileage. I'm sure that if we were consistently driving 12-15 miles instead of 3-6 miles for most of our trips that we'd see even better MPGs in the winter.

The new car seems to be settling in around 40 MPG right now in winter. I was hoping for more since we did about 39 MPG last winter without any grille cover, not knowing hybrid tricks and during break in. The new white FFH has had grille covers from the start and now I know much more about how to maximize my MPGs and yet I still can't get more than 40 MPG right now. I'm hoping this is just a function of break in and that it'll go up soon. The black FFH got well broken in when we did our 4500 mile road trip to Cali in January 2013. We left with 1100 miles on the odometer and returned with 5600. We aren't planning any road trips in this car so it will accumulate the miles much more slowly and spring can't come soon enough for me. We're supposed to get back down to -15F this weekend and early next week and I'm sick of winter already...

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#12 OFFLINE   kuzzi

kuzzi

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 539 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:FoFuHyTi

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

For 2016 if the economy picks up im gonna get me a brand new MKS "SHO" lol

I saw a new police interceptor in the body shop when picking up my car. I asked the service manager to total it so I could get it on the cheap and start tearing up the streets.

#13 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

I saw a new police interceptor in the body shop when picking up my car. I asked the service manager to total it so I could get it on the cheap and start tearing up the streets.

I love how people think because I am driving the Flex that I will be slow leaving a light or something, and get in the right lane on roads where it goes back to one lane. I let them have a head start. All they see are tail lights. I LOVE the Ecoboost!  Maybe Ford putting the twin pipes on all models is a good thing after all, Now you have to look for that tiny badge to know it has Ecoboost.  I can't imagine what one would be like with 600 WHP that someone has done. 

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Eddie Sessum

Eddie Sessum

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

I love how people think because I am driving the Flex that I will be slow leaving a light or something, and get in the right lane on roads where it goes back to one lane. I let them have a head start. All they see are tail lights. I LOVE the Ecoboost!  Maybe Ford putting the twin pipes on all models is a good thing after all, Now you have to look for that tiny badge to know it has Ecoboost.  I can't imagine what one would be like with 600 WHP that someone has done.

I still love the eco boost flex but if I were to spend that kind of money the Explorer sport would be my choice. Black on black that's a mean and fast suv.

225770.png

#15 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

I looked at the explorer and found the second row seats dont work well with two car seats, the middle seat belt is right under the butt of anyone sitting between them. It also doesn't have as much room inside as the Flex.  

You did say Black on Black?  How about Black on Black on Black

156562_526932124015593_888078685_n.jpg

I need to get those calipers painted black too, they stand out too much.

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Has anyone seen the order guides for MY2015 yet? Ordering has begun according to the dates above so they should be available.

Edited by hybridbear, 22 April 2014 - 01:52 PM.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#17 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Aw man, MesoSAD.  There is Darth Vagon, I do miss her. That was only a couple days after I got rid of the BD.

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 981 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Has anyone seen the order guides for MY2015 yet? Ordering has begun according to the dates above so they should be available.

I have a pdf for the 2015 Hybrid Marketing Guide (thanks to HB). There are some interesting changes noted for the 2015s.  Here they are by category:

Comfort/Convenience

• Configurable daytime running lamps standard on all models
  • Front-passenger 10-way power seat standard on Hybrid Titanium
  • Rear view camera standard on Hybrid S and Hybrid SE
  • Simplified SmartGauge with EcoGuide instrument cluster displays and menus:
    • Left-hand information display streamlined to include the following menu options and screens:
      • Display/Trip:
        • Engage
        • Empower
        • MyView
        • Trip 1
        • Trip 2
      • Information
      • Settings
    • Right-hand information display now includes the following menu options and screens:
      • Entertainment
      • Phone
      • Navigation (if equipped)
      • Fuel Economy:
        • Efficiency Leaves
        • Fuel History
        • Coach

Design/Styling

• Exterior colors added:
    • Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (late availability)
    • Guard(metallic paint)
    • Magnetic(metallic paint)
    • Tectonic(metallic paint)
  • Exterior colors deleted:
    • Dark Side Metallic (BT)
    • Ice Storm (YQ)
    • Sterling Gray (UJ)
    • Sunset Metallic (D7)
  • Terracotta Package:
    • Terracotta door trim inserts
    • Terracotta leather-trimmed sport front seats
    • Premium floor mats (front/rear)
    • Available on Hybrid SE and Hybrid Titanium

Edited by Texasota, 12 May 2014 - 12:06 PM.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#19 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

I have a pdf for the 2015 hybrid Ordering Guide (thanks to HB). There are some interesting changes noted for the 2015s.  Here they are by category:

Comfort/Convenience

• Configurable daytime running lamps standard on all models
  • Simplified SmartGauge with EcoGuide instrument cluster displays and menus:
    • Left-hand information display streamlined to include the following menu options and screens:
      • Display/Trip:
        • Engage
        • Empower
        • MyView
        • Trip 1
        • Trip 2
      • Information
      • Settings
    • Right-hand information display now includes the following menu options and screens:
      • Entertainment
      • Phone
      • Navigation (if equipped)
      • Fuel Economy:
        • Efficiency Leaves
        • Fuel History
        • Coach

The Forum Strikes Again!! as GrySql would say :)

DRLs are now STANDARD!!! Does this mean that Ford will now admit that the 2013 & 2014 FFHs have the capability built in? Will they now inform dealers about how to activate them on MY2013 & MY2014 cars? I have no doubt that the strong opinions expressed here and relayed by Ashley to Ford were a driving factor behind this change. Thanks Ashley!

Also, the changes in Left & Right display options reflect what many of us have expressed: Bring more fuel economy data to the Right screen & Empower, Engage and My View are the only screens of real value in the current "display mode" options.

• acdii, GrySql and corncobs like this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#20 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Another thing I just noticed when perusing the order guide is that there are no more 18 inch wheels on the hybrid. The Titanium Hybrid will now have a different pattern 17 inch wheel which will be optional on the SE. I'd guess that the MPG hit of the 18 inch wheels with the Goodyear tires was too much so they've been eliminated.

• acdii likes this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·