FordIVTteam

Official Ford IVT Representative

Kim has been working on trying to find out why my Sync info on the website is wrong and I can't download any updates from that website.

This is what she has found out so far and has reported it to the appropriate department.

I quote Kim here: "The problem with this account specifically is that: www.Support.Ford.com pulls information from a different website called PTS, which is showing that the latest update for your vehicle is V3.5.1 instead of V3.6.2. The SYNC website recognizes that you're at the latest software, but is showing the most current update available on PTS instead of what has actually been installed."

Hi Kim,

I wish that when the FFH gives an electronic sensor warning, that the reason for the warning noise and message that pops up on the left display would latch in until acknowledged by the OK button. A warning from the front sensors for example ( I think )will give a single "ping" and flash the message about the problem, but it appears and disappears so quick that I'm not sure what the warning is about If the warning is worth issuing at all, it should be "UP" long enough to be understood. I believe that the different systems e.g. front sensors, back sensors, lane departure etc. use different tones, but when you're moving it's hard to filter the difference quick enough to take the proper action. If you need to alert the driver to a problem, please make sure the message is received by the driver.

Thanks for taking in our issues,

TerryB

Hello Kim. Welcome to the group. I have a couple of MyFordTouch (MFT) comments and questions.

My main concern is that most of the time, the SiriusXM Traffic is very hard to read. The freeway lines on the map are quite wide and the colored traffic lines are quite narrow. Especially when you have a route programmed, the green line for the route makes the colored traffic line practically unreadable.

I find the map much easier to read (especially the traffic colors) when it is in "nighttime" mode. I have tried to put my map in night mode during the day but have been unsuccessful. Is there a way to manually change it from day to night that I am missing? I've tried doing it in settings but I think all that did was change the brightness . . .

One last thing, is there a way to use the steering wheel controls to go through all SiriusXM stations and not just the six in the current preset box? I would love to be able to just go through the stations one at a time and not have to change between preset 1, 2, and 3.

Thanks again for joining this group and hopefully answering our questions!

Hi Kim,

Thank you for the quick reply. I do have the latest MFT software (3.6.2) but the chart at the link you provided is not up to date. The good news is that the suggestion that IraF provided did work and now the MFT system will notify and read text messages after I deleted my phone and repaired it. All is good with my MFT system now. :-)

I'm glad everything is working correctly now, Boat Racer. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Kim has been working on trying to find out why my Sync info on the website is wrong and I can't download any updates from that website.

This is what she has found out so far and has reported it to the appropriate department.

I quote Kim here: "The problem with this account specifically is that: www.Support.Ford.com pulls information from a different website called PTS, which is showing that the latest update for your vehicle is V3.5.1 instead of V3.6.2. The SYNC website recognizes that you're at the latest software, but is showing the most current update available on PTS instead of what has actually been installed."

You were the first one to bring the concern to my attention on this forum, GrySql. Thanks for working with me to help pinpoint the issue.

If anyone reads this and notices that: www.Support.Ford.com is showing that an incorrect version is installed on their MyFord Touch system. PM me your name, VIN, mileage, and phone number. Although we've verified that there is an issue with the website, I'd still like to continue reporting each case of this happening.

Hi Kim,

I wish that when the FFH gives an electronic sensor warning, that the reason for the warning noise and message that pops up on the left display would latch in until acknowledged by the OK button. A warning from the front sensors for example ( I think )will give a single "ping" and flash the message about the problem, but it appears and disappears so quick that I'm not sure what the warning is about If the warning is worth issuing at all, it should be "UP" long enough to be understood. I believe that the different systems e.g. front sensors, back sensors, lane departure etc. use different tones, but when you're moving it's hard to filter the difference quick enough to take the proper action. If you need to alert the driver to a problem, please make sure the message is received by the driver.

TerryB

Hey TerryB,

Unfortunately, this is a little out of my scope. I suggest reaching out to Ashley here: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/8045-official-ford-service-rep/?p=71669 or you can send FordService

a private message.

Hello Kim. Welcome to the group. I have a couple of MyFordTouch (MFT) comments and questions.

My main concern is that most of the time, the SiriusXM Traffic is very hard to read. The freeway lines on the map are quite wide and the colored traffic lines are quite narrow. Especially when you have a route programmed, the green line for the route makes the colored traffic line practically unreadable.

I find the map much easier to read (especially the traffic colors) when it is in "nighttime" mode. I have tried to put my map in night mode during the day but have been unsuccessful. Is there a way to manually change it from day to night that I am missing? I've tried doing it in settings but I think all that did was change the brightness . . .

One last thing, is there a way to use the steering wheel controls to go through all SiriusXM stations and not just the six in the current preset box? I would love to be able to just go through the stations one at a time and not have to change between preset 1, 2, and 3.

Thanks again for joining this group and hopefully answering our questions!

Hi dmt1971,

I was out of the office on Christmas, that's why it's taking me a little while to get back to you. I noticed your post on the other thread. Here was my response in case you missed it. :)

"Thanks, dmt1971!

The best website to suggest these changes to the MyFord Touch map display is here: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ Ford's product development team periodically looks through these ideas for insights and inspiration from owners. I encourage you to post! If you prefer that I document your feedback on your own account, I'll just need your VIN, mileage, full name, and phone number. Send me a PM with this information if you're interested.

Make sure you've done the following steps: Press the 2 gears > DISPLAY > switch AUTO DIM to OFF > set the MODE to NIGHT > press + or – to adjust the brightness.

These are the only settings that you are able to adjust for night mode within the MyFord Touch system.

As far as skimming through your SiriusXM stations goes, pressing the SEEK button on the steering wheel will allow you to go through one set of presets at a time. Holding the same SEEK button down should allow you to scan through SirusXM channels."

Kim

Hi Kim,

Welcome to the forums I'm so glad to see some official Ford reps on these forums.

:love_shower:

I do have one curiosity technical question that nobody has been able to answer for me. My dealer doesn't know the answer and the Ford reps who were at the NY Auto Show this past year couldn't answer it for me. My question is how does the FFH decide that my hands are not on the steering wheel and when I need to take a driving break?

The two alerts for these issues that appear on my left screen are just so random, and I have never been able to figure out what I do to trigger them. The thing is, I always drive with both hands on the steering wheel, yet I frequently get these alerts. My wife on the other hand tends to drive with only one hand on the steering wheel and never gets the alerts. It just drives me nuts (my wife thinks its funny). I really wish these alerts were either more accurate or that I could just make them go away altogether. The idea behind these alerts is good, but their execution seems poor.

Hi Kim,

TerryB

Sorry Kim, I don't understand your referring me to Ashley. I don't see how Ford Service is going to help with this item. The problem is the car's software is too fast acting on alarms to be a viable Human Machine Interface in regard to sensor alarms. The problem is in the cars software, not in the sensors. The sensors trigger and clear because of proximity. The alarm should stay latched long enough for the human element to see the problem sensed before the message on the left display clears.

Thanks for reconsidering my issue.

TerryB

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting I can walk you through online. I'll have to recommend that you continue to work with your dealership to get this resolved. Since this concern wasn't addressed during your last visit, I'd like to escalate this to your customer service manager to make sure it gets handled correctly at the dealership.

Please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealership name, and best phone number. I'll take a look at your account and let you know which options are available.

Kim

PM Sent.

Edited by Sleddog

Hi Kim,

Welcome to the forums I'm so glad to see some official Ford reps on these forums.

:love_shower:

I do have one curiosity technical question that nobody has been able to answer for me. My dealer doesn't know the answer and the Ford reps who were at the NY Auto Show this past year couldn't answer it for me. My question is how does the FFH decide that my hands are not on the steering wheel and when I need to take a driving break?

The two alerts for these issues that appear on my left screen are just so random, and I have never been able to figure out what I do to trigger them. The thing is, I always drive with both hands on the steering wheel, yet I frequently get these alerts. My wife on the other hand tends to drive with only one hand on the steering wheel and never gets the alerts. It just drives me nuts (my wife thinks its funny). I really wish these alerts were either more accurate or that I could just make them go away altogether. The idea behind these alerts is good, but their execution seems poor.Thanks, MaineFusion!

Thanks, MaineFusion!

It sounds like you're speaking about a Driver Alert Warning. See my response to terryb, below.

Sorry Kim, I don't understand your referring me to Ashley. I don't see how Ford Service is going to help with this item. The problem is the car's software is too fast acting on alarms to be a viable Human Machine Interface in regard to sensor alarms. The problem is in the cars software, not in the sensors. The sensors trigger and clear because of proximity. The alarm should stay latched long enough for the human element to see the problem sensed before the message on the left display clears.

Thanks for reconsidering my issue.

TerryB

I know it can be confusing that my title is In-Vehicle Technology Representative, and I don't handle every technological concern with the vehicle. I am only able to provide information about the MyFord Touch system and settings within. Since I am unable to adjust the settings for many of these alerts through the MyFord Touch system, Ashley at FordService will be better to assist with these types of inquiries. Usually, if the question is about the left cluster, it goes to Ashley; if it's about the right one, ask me. :)

PM Sent.

Got it! Thanks, Sleddog.

Kim

Here's one for you. What's the issue with the way the screen to the right of the speedo works when trying to select Navigation POIs? You select items, like fuel stations or financial, an nothing populates 95% of the time. Also I have an issue the MFT and right display sometimes take 15 to 20 minute to populate music info from FM stations. This includes stations that have just stock station info instead of song info.

Hi Kim, I have to agree with Sleddog on this, something isnt right with that screen. I tried to pull up the POI for shopping, and it kept going back to the main list. AFAIK shopping isnt a subscription service is it?

Hi Kim,

As for the POI issue for the right dash display my subscription is current. A mater reset was done when after Sync system was repaired, they replaced the interface module. It's been that way since day one, before the repair and after. Multiple resets have not changed the problem. If you search the forum you will see others have the same issue. And one more thing, these services work just fine on the MAIN MFT. It's just the right dash display that has the issue. Not the main MFT.

As for the info display of song titles on both the MAIN MFT and right dash display, the previous master resets have not solved this issue either. Some times it populates info immediately, and other time it takes 15-20 minutes. The dealer gives me the stock Ford reply, "That's the way it's supposed to work", or my other favorite response, "It worked for us, we could not find a problem."

Hi acdii,

I recommend scheduling an appointment with your dealership for the Flex. Send me a PM once it's scheduled; I'll take a look at your account and see how I can assist best. Please include your full name, VIN, mileage, best phone number, and the name of your dealer so I can pass along your feedback.

Kim

Our car has the same issue. Selecting POIs doesn't work using the steering wheel buttons and the right dash screen. It is wasteful & inefficient to ask me to spend my time going to the dealer for them to fix nothing since this is obviously an MFT bug that will hopefully be fixed in the next MFT update. Kim - Please log these issues with Ford to make sure that the MFT programmers are aware of this issue so that it can be fixed. A trip to the dealer isn't needed for that. I have not found a single competent dealer in 4 different dealers I've visited so far in my area, and unless Ford is going to start reimbursing me for the value of the time I waste at the dealer I will be avoiding dealers like the plague. Telling us to go to the dealer is a cop-out answer that doesn't actually help us.

trolling comment removed

Edited by hybridbear
trolling comment removed

trolling comment removed

Edited by hybridbear
trolling comment removed

Our car has the same issue. Selecting POIs doesn't work using the steering wheel buttons and the right dash screen. It is wasteful & inefficient to ask me to spend my time going to the dealer for them to fix nothing since this is obviously an MFT bug that will hopefully be fixed in the next MFT update. Kim - Please log these issues with Ford to make sure that the MFT programmers are aware of this issue so that it can be fixed. A trip to the dealer isn't needed for that. I have not found a single competent dealer in 4 different dealers I've visited so far in my area, and unless Ford is going to start reimbursing me for the value of the time I waste at the dealer I will be avoiding dealers like the plague. Telling us to go to the dealer is a cop-out answer that doesn't actually help us.

I understand where you're coming from, hybridbear. Of course, there will be times where we run into an issue without a quick fix that I can recommend. I'm here for basic troubleshooting, so I am unable to verify how the dealership will handle this concern. I've suggested a dealership visit so they can see the actual vehicle and utilize their resources to get this resolved, or at least have it reported to the appropriate party. If you would prefer to avoid the dealership, I'm happy to share your feedback. In order to do this, I'll need you to PM me your name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealership information.

Kim

I understand where you're coming from, hybridbear. Of course, there will be times where we run into an issue without a quick fix that I can recommend. I'm here for basic troubleshooting, so I am unable to verify how the dealership will handle this concern. I've suggested a dealership visit so they can see the actual vehicle and utilize their resources to get this resolved, or at least have it reported to the appropriate party. If you would prefer to avoid the dealership, I'm happy to share your feedback. In order to do this, I'll need you to PM me your name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealership information.

Kim

PM sent. I know this won't be fixed quickly. That's why I think it's faster for you to report the issue than a dealer to do it. I am very frustrated with Ford dealers as I have had nothing but bad experiences at the dealers.

If anyone reads this and notices that: www.Support.Ford.com is showing that an incorrect version is installed on their MyFord Touch system. PM me your name, VIN, mileage, and phone number. Although we've verified that there is an issue with the website, I'd still like to continue reporting each case of this happening.

Kim

Kim,

We are having this issue as well. I have sent you a message with the info you requested.

Jeff

Kim

Hi Kim,

I'm also having this issue as of 12/31/13. I just ran a VHR so the website does show the correct mileage but it is telling me that I have a MFT update to be downloaded when I think that I have the latest 3.6 version (which I downloaded in August). The website is saying that the last update was in early April (which is before I picked up the car from my dealer). I sent you a PM with VIN, mileage and my phone number.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be out of the office until Thursday. Everyone enjoy your holiday. I'll talk to you next year! ;)

Hi Kim,

I'm also having this issue as of 12/31/13. I just ran a VHR so the website does show the correct mileage but it is telling me that I have a MFT update to be downloaded when I think that I have the latest 3.6 version (which I downloaded in August). The website is saying that the last update was in early April (which is before I picked up the car from my dealer). I sent you a PM with VIN, mileage and my phone number.

I added it to the list. Thanks!

Kim

Hi guys and gals,

I wanted to let you know I'll be in meetings all day so I won't have a chance to go through the forum today. Don't feel neglected! I'll be responding to posts and PMs on Monday.

Kim

Hi Kim,

I bought a new 2014 fusion last night. I found a plastic container in the glove box that looks like it should hold a memory card, labeled Taveteq Maps,version A4. It is empty. What is this, what happened to the memory card, and do I need to keep it?

Thanks

Hi Kim,

I bought a new 2014 fusion last night. I found a plastic container in the glove box that looks like it should hold a memory card, labeled Taveteq Maps,version A4. It is empty. What is this, what happened to the memory card, and do I need to keep it?

Thanks

If you look in the armrest you will find a slot with the A-4 card inserted. You need it for your navigation to work.

Edited by hermans

Hi Kim,

Thanks

Your salesman didn't show you around your new car? My salesman explained every function of my Z and even about the empty SD case. Go back and smack him/her on the back of the head NCIS style. :)